Boats - both low and high speed

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a couple of pics from two events held recently up here, firstly an evening cruising and hanging out at the mooring and secondly some pics from this years "Poker Run" where teams travel around a course collecting cards which they then use in the evenings poker game. Getting around the course is not a race, but this year all the boats could travel at at least 40 knots, and they made good use of that on the river, where they had been granted permission not to have to slow down past the moorings.

This was my first time taking pics of boats and I must say I really enjoyed it, something totally different, but standing on the river banks, I felt a bit limited by my lack of focal length, even 300mm seemed a bit short, especially for those taking the route round the far side of the island on the way back.

Don't forget to click on the yellow bars to see the pics in full size :)

Cruising :

boat002.jpg

2. - This guy was not in slow mode - he had a V8 sitting behind him :cool:
boat004.jpg

boat006.jpg

boat007.jpg

boat010.jpg

boat016.jpg

boat020.jpg

boat021.jpg

boat022.jpg

Poker Run :

boat006.jpg

boat009.jpg

boat011.jpg

These boats were not part of the poker run but they seemed inspired by the event and took the opportunity to engage full throttle once past the moorings :

boat013.jpg

5. - Even saw some jetskis in action ...
boat015.jpg

6. - Yes those people are hanging on for dear life ;-) You can pay to go on a high speed tour of the river on this boat :shock:
boat016.jpg

boat001.jpg

boat003.jpg

boat004.jpg

These people, however, were in no hurry at all ;-)

boat020.jpg

Thanks guys, no I sadly do not have any more of the competitors because there were a bunch of retirements due to the rough weather out at sea :roll: :( I only caught the tail end of it this year but hopefully I'll be better prepared next year and will be able to see the start as well :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back