Boats

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
780-8177.jpg

it's hard to make a subject like that look good as it is a very busy scene, you've done quite well as the setting sun creates some interest. I think the shot could be improved with some local contrast adjustment though.

it's hard to make a subject like that look good as it is a very busy scene, you've done quite well as the setting sun creates some interest. I think the shot could be improved with some local contrast adjustment though.

Thanks Roger.

You're right, it could use a bit on that lower half.

That's a really cool shot! It's both chaotic and peacefull all at once..... I like the feel of it. I do agree, a little more contrast in the boats would really enhance it. Overall though, I really like the concept.

Jason

What, did you already take a photo of every square inch of desert, now you had to resort to the coast?:lol:

That is an awesome picture! I like it perfect the way it is. There is something about the color and light levels on the boats that is really nice. The placement of the sun is about perfect.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i agree with marcus. i think the shot is great as it stands right now and the placement of the sun is perfect.

That's a really cool shot! It's both chaotic and peacefull all at once..... I like the feel of it. I do agree, a little more contrast in the boats would really enhance it. Overall though, I really like the concept.

Thanks- I had some fun on this shot. I was attending a prints workshop given by a photographer I like. Our group got to the parking lot, he said we had a few options, so I was the only one that went renegade and took off toward the boats. While on the docks I found a stairway up to a pumproom that gave me a better view. The gate wasn't locked so I unlatched it and got this shot as the sun came out from behind the clouds. A couple guys that showed up for work noticed me, but they just nodded and left me alone. Very cool. I snagged my finger on the latch redoing it and got a blood-blister. I like showing it to the chicks- Makes them go 'eeewwww.'

What, did you already take a photo of every square inch of desert, now you had to resort to the coast?:lol:

That is an awesome picture! I like it perfect the way it is. There is something about the color and light levels on the boats that is really nice. The placement of the sun is about perfect.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Almost :) Not this shot so much, but the others I took in Santa Barbara I can tie in to my desert projects. The Mojave Indians used to walk 250 miles to trade with the Chumash Indians that lived in the area.

i agree with marcus. i think the shot is great as it stands right now and the placement of the sun is perfect.

Thanks Beth. The sea is a nice change of pace. I might go more often.

one question: How the hell does anyone get their boat out of there if they need to use it???

Maybe a little more contrast on the bottom half, but I really like this shot a lot. This is yet another example of a time when the rule of thirds can, and should, be broken. Although the horizon is smack dab in the center it works...really, really well. I love this.

one question: How the hell does anyone get their boat out of there if they need to use it???

47 point turn.

The relatively long focal length flattened out the depth nicely. Check it out though, above the blue tarpaulin and just to the right, you can see the waterway. There are several of these throughout the marina. They are actually fairly wide. I think the elevated position I was in makes it look like maximum boats and minimum water. If I were lower it would be few boats and many masts. If I were higher, the first waterway would be much more apparent.

That's what I want to know! Great shot, Abraxas. I love the contrast of the peaceful sky and the chaotic harbor. It leaves me thinking about my life and how peace and chaos collide... It's just one of those images that speaks to me.

That's what I want to know! Great shot, Abraxas. I love the contrast of the peaceful sky and the chaotic harbor. It leaves me thinking about my life and how peace and chaos collide... It's just one of those images that speaks to me.

i like. dont change it, that would be retarded.

Thanks-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back