boats

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I dunno why but I like this one...thinkin it will look good on some metallic paper. thought I'd share.

$_DSC0002.jpg

bored. lol. ran it thorugh a high pass to sharpen a bit, killed some highlights, then i cropped again. lol

C&C if you feel like it, but I'm just bored so it's not that important.

$_DSC0002-2.jpg

$_DSC0002-3.jpg

I like it, I think the processing works for it really well. What irks me though, is the fact that the boat is chopped off on the left. If there was a bit of dock-buffer, I think the composition would be improved. Is this the whole image? Or a crop?

I agree with o hey tyler. The water is very nice. But the softness bothers me, still; I wish the boats were actually more OOF.

Prefer the image without the crop as it brings red into it.

I like your first one, not so much of the second. I edited it for practice, hope you dont mind :)

$_DSC0002-2.jpg
I only played with the saturartion and curves a bit.

I prefer the first one, the second one looks a bit saturated, which for me doesn't work witht he fact that its old boats. I really like the water, but I wish you've shot it a bit lower, it bothers me not knowing what's beyond the boats (water...or more boats?)

It's a crop, I have 4 or 5 different shots, so I'll look through them. There was an ugly white boat on the left which I didn't like, so that's why its chopped on left. I'll rethink and see if I can get a better one.

Boats, especially older boats, are always fascinating. The collection you shot is anchored by the one in the middle left, with some nice curving wooden gunwales, and a turqoise paint job. The other boats are not as pictureque, but serve to repeat the theme. The “shape” of the water is also interesting, smooth enough to show reflections, but not so smooth as to be glassy and featureless. I agree with Tyler that it would have been nice to have the left side of the boat – it looks somewhat unfinished with that part missing. In terms of colour, I like Haya.H’s version – somewhat brighter and more pastelly (hey, new word! :lol:). I think this is definitely worth taking some time to play with. I’m sure you can coax a wall-hanger out of it with a little effort.

I like it, I think the processing works for it really well. What irks me though, is the fact that the boat is chopped off on the left. If there was a bit of dock-buffer, I think the composition would be improved. Is this the whole image? Or a crop?

I agree. Even though I really like the picture overall, it would be much stronger if there was a least one boat that was not cropped as the main subject. Also, I think I like the processing of the second one better as the red life jacket is stronger and give a bit a bit more excitement.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm pulling what I thought "might be a cool shot" out of a very ugly shot. When first framing this up, I thought "that water looks cool on that old boat" but what I didn't do (couldn't do) was zoom in closer.

I'll give them a re look later after work.

I kinda like the red life jacket popping out too, what really caught my eye was the turqoise and wooden trip against the water.

Most reactions

Back