Bobbie and Kim

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few more of these "inspired snapshots" destined never to see a frame. :greenpbl:

Wegner-Finals00200.jpg

Wegner-Finals00117.jpg

Wegner-Finals00436.jpg

Wegner-Finals00108.jpg

Wegner-Finals00382.jpg

Wegner-Finals00400.jpg

Wegner-Finals00432.jpg

Love his expression in the last one. It's like he's thinking What the hell am I doing here?? This is so cheesy. :lol: And notice none of the guys are trying to grab the garter?? Have you notice that at most of your weddings the guys never want the garter?

:) I love the "stealing" of the strawberries. (Which look scrumptious by the way!)

At my own wedding, my husband removed my garter and prior to the wedding we had planned this although no one knew but my husband and I, the only single guy there was my husbands brother, so after removing the garter, my husband stood up and announced that we had intended on throwing the garter but due to lack of single men here (he says as he walks up to his brother) we thought we would just hand this to you. It was the funniest thing ever. Hubbys brother got a kick out of it, as did all the guests.

Sharkbait said:
Love his expression in the last one. It's like he's thinking What the hell am I doing here?? This is so cheesy. :lol: And notice none of the guys are trying to grab the garter?? Have you notice that at most of your weddings the guys never want the garter?

Yep.............here ya go....
Wegner-Finals00433.jpg

Lol, what is it with men these days? I mean look at the way the women react with the flowers, they always try and grab them..but the men and the garter; anyone would think they dont want to get hitched or something...:)

Great shots Elsapet, my favourite would have to be the one of then dancing - it so deserves a frame!

elsaspet said:
Yep.............here ya go....

LOL, awesome. I've got a shot somewhere where the garter is still in mid-flight, and all the guys are standing there in a U-shape around where it would land (in other words getting as far away as possible) with their hands in their pockets.

great photos! I love the lighting and mood of each. My favorite must be the chocolate fountain, the dancing comes close second.

What do you do to achieve the great indoor lighting?

pacereve said:
great photos! I love the lighting and mood of each. My favorite must be the chocolate fountain, the dancing comes close second.

A good flash, camera on full manual, high ISO, drag the shutter. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by pacereve

Now, can an eager-to -learn dummy like me ask, how high should your iso be to get the superb quality like above without noise?? (my indoor photos using flash are BODGEY!)and can you explain the 'drag the shutter' for me? really need to learn all your tech. talk xx
Gorgeous work as usual Cindy! xxx

jemmy said:

Now, can an eager-to -learn dummy like me ask, how high should your iso be to get the superb quality like above without noise?? (my indoor photos using flash are BODGEY!)and can you explain the 'drag the shutter' for me? really need to learn all your tech. talk xx

IME, ISO depends a lot on the camera. Our 300d was almost unusable due to color noise at anything above ISO800. Our 20d handles 800 like a champ, but gets a little grainy at 1600. Unless we're shooting a wedding outside, now with the 1d-MkII-N I start at ISO1000 and work up from there. Shooting in RAW and processing in Capture-One, there's virtually no noise even at 1600, and only noticeable noise at 3200.

Our typical settings for a reception if we've got a nice low white ceiling to bounce flash off of are ISO 1000 or 1600, f/2.8, and around 1/125 s shutter speed. That's kind of a baseline, and then we tweak it with the first few shots to dial it in to the exact lighting conditions. Cameras on full manual. The worst are reception locations with windows along one wall...you get horrendous light falloff depending on the distance into the room and are constantly adjusting shutter speed.

As for dragging the shutter, I set the flash to fire with a 2nd curtain sync and run a slower shutter speed.

Typically what happens when you push the shutter release button is...
shutter open/flash----exposure----shutter closed
That means that your flash pops the very first part of the exposure, and if hte subject moves or something else happens, you end up with funky motion blurs.

With 2nd curtain sync, the process is:
shutter open----exposure----flash/shutter closed.
The flash pops the very end of the exposure.

By running a slower shutter speed (or higher ISO), the background is exposed for longer, thus making the background look more well-lit, and then the flash properly exposes the foreground subject.

Holy crap I hope I explained that right. I know how it works in my head, but explaining it is a whole 'nother ball of wax. :confused:

Thanks so much - looking forward to having a practice run tonight!! Highly valuable information - thanks for sharing xxx

jemmy said:

Kisses to Jemmy! LOL! I shoot 100 percent of wedding ceremonies no flash, at 1600 iso. It's a given. I do a lot of Catholic stuff, so normally I'm back at the last pew.
On the receptions, it's all flash, turned backwards (sometimes bouching off myself) at 1600 iso, normally within 5 feet or less. I tried to drag the shutter once, but it was a miserable failure. I'm still working on that technique.
Hope that helps.
Cindy

Most reactions

Back