Boil or Microwave

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why is it everytime I put my corn on the stove someone is always asking me if I have tried microwaving my corn on the cob?

I have, but I like it the way I fix it.

Wrap it in foil and put it in the embers of a campfire.

:hippie:

(...or boil it/grill it).

Decent corn is pretty hard to mess up. I've had it cooked many different ways. As far as microwaving it, yeah...I once had "fresh tasting corn" in the dead of winter...the lady who served it told me she had cut it off the ears when fresh, freezer bagged it and frozen it, then microwave cooked it just before the potluck...MAN, it was sooooo fresh-tasting! This spring a fishing partner and I camped out for four days, and cooked corn wrapped in wet paper toweling and foil by the campfire....mmmm.....good stuff! I think for cooking in COALS (the campfire remnants, the orangey-hot coals, that aq water barrier is absolutely a good idea, meaning SOAKING the ears in water with the husks left on, and adding some additional water in the form of wet paper toweling or wet dishtowels, then a good, TIGHT wrapping of foil, which keeps the water INSIDE the foil, and creates a vapor barrier that prevents burning and charring of the food. Same with potatoes cooked in coals...without a wrapping of wet dishtowel or a LOT of soaking-wet paper towels, the skin of the spud tends to char in a bad way.

Most reactions

Back