bokeh 'leading lines'

Honestly, the way I work is: If it looks good, do it.
Your style, your separation from everyone else is purely the fact that you have different "tastes".
Just go with what you feel looks great :) That is all.

The TPF Congress on the Official Take on bokeh is scheduled for October. I am personally preparing an introductory speech on the subject of Meh Bokeh.

I really like the kind of effect you are talking about. I try to click a lot of picture with lines that gradually blur out into infinity.
4062a5cbd9982153094823925995309f.jpg

Like in this one, the barrier forms a leading line which is in focus in beginning and gradually blurs out.
28642b5f1e931b9da369a21d40936426.jpg

Or this one. It kinda gives a more interesting impact according to me. And if the lines are parallel, it just looks so much better to me. Like this one:
275a6540097e152309ca1d3865449fbc.jpg

My point is, the leading line bokeh you are talking about looks really lovely to me and I totallly agree with you on that it looks better than just a bokeh background with nothing of interest.

Thank you, lots of links in one place. But I'm already quite comfy with the definition. Some like it limited, some like it expanded, some like to argue. It's like global warming.
Actually, there is absolutely no argument about global warming. Global warming and global coolling are a proven FACT. Now whether the current trend in global warming is man made or not is up for debate, but this planet has warmed and cooled in cycles since the first particles of space dust solidified into what we now call earth and an atmospher developed around this planet.
I knew you had an argument in you. Today, "global warming" = "anthropogenic global warming", not the obvious geologic inter-glacial warming period, as you no doubt knew but only wanted to appear smug, lol. Perhaps I should have used a different analogy.

Bokeh is interesting but hardly extremely important when it comes to portraits. I have yet to come across a client who says "I look awful but the bokeh is amazing! I would like to get this image.

Most reactions

Back