Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some close up with mirror lens :)

22984269691_bca08915cb_b.jpg

23086278572_d2642ca578_b.jpg

22681624267_79c6c83952_b.jpg

Your blur looks like bubbles.

I'm not overly crazy about it.

It has been my experience over the years that few people find the doughnut shaped bokeh produced by catadioptric mirror lenses attractive.

I've never heard of a mirror lens before. What lens is it?

I like that last shot. The color is great, the bubbles are less pronounced and what's in focus is interesting, the others are bit on the busy side for my taste.

Was that shot during the rain or something ? #2 looks really curiously as the doughnuts are everywhere, in the front, on the subject and behind.

I've never heard of a mirror lens before. What lens is it?

I like that last shot. The color is great, the bubbles are less pronounced and what's in focus is interesting, the others are bit on the busy side for my taste.
Mirror Lenses

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for coments, second picture was taken during the rain :)
I used Samyang 500mm f6.3, wich focus from 2m to infinity :)

You really went all-out on the bokeh! Good job on turning raindrops into bokeh dots!

*(sigh)*

I still remember the olden days when "bokeh" meant creamy-smooth blur balls.

Now it's just whatever.

...[crawling back to cave]...

*(sigh)*

Now it's just whatever.

technically, the term "bokeh" was originally adapted to photography to discuss the aesthetic quality of the out of focus areas. Not just the specular highlights.

Here I sit in my cave; wondering what the hell is going on, staring at my stone axe and trying to imagine doughnut-shaped balls of fuzzy light in my OOF background.

Feeding my dire wolves the remnants of my saber-tooth tiger dinner.

*(sigh)*

Now it's just whatever.

And I remember the glorious days when the word "bokeh" didn't even exist in the English language and people used the background as an element of the image. Now days people seem to blur the crap out of the background, and often a fair portion of the subject for good measure, to disguise the fact that they have no concept of what constitutes good composition.

It is a very nice fine art set, I really like them.

I have wanted to pick up a mirror lens one of these days, they are rather cheap and it would be fun to play with. :)

Nikon used to make mirror / catadioptic lenses. It was rumored that Meade actually made the optics back in the day.

I had a Nikon Reflex 500mm f/8 - manual focus lens that I used for a short time. It was nice for 500mm and night sky photography.

I also have a 1,000mm Meade reflex lens plus my telescope.

Thanks for coments, second picture was taken during the rain :)
I used Samyang 500mm f6.3, wich focus from 2m to infinity :)
Nikon used to make mirror / catadioptic lenses. It was rumored that Meade actually made the optics back in the day.

I had a Nikon Reflex 500mm f/8 - manual focus lens that I used for a short time. It was nice for 500mm and night sky photography.

I also have a 1,000mm Meade reflex lens plus my telescope.

Have either of you used a mirror lens wildlife? I always wondered how well it would work. :)

Most reactions

Back