bonjour!

tellshannon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No, I'm not from France nor do I speak much french, but I thought the title might get some attention. Hi, my name's Shannon. =] Four years ago I took a black and white photography class at my high school and by second semester, I was in love. I continued into advanced photography my senior year, and by graduation I owned my very first fancy camera - a Canon Rebel Xti DSLR. However, photography was not what I originally intended to study. My parents discouraged me from an art degree, saying that they weren't a "guaranteed job." Luckily my first year of college was mostly general ed classes that are typically the same throughout different degree programs, so I didn't fall too far behind. This past summer I switched from Environmental Sciences to Photography and I couldn't be happier. I retook black & white photography, which gave me the opportunity to apply for a student aide position at the photo lab. I'm now going on my second semester working with the lab and it's so much fun! I've learned so much from the students and instructors I'm surrounded by daily, and also get to help others who are just learning. I'd say that my toughest photography class is behind me - Intermediate Black & White Photography, in which I had to prepare 10-12 11x14 prints matted and ready for exhibition. Working two jobs and attending school full time doesn't exactly leave me all the time in the world to take and develop photographs, but I managed and produced decent portraits of my friends. I was recently asked to show them in the lab this semester and to pick a few to display in the student gallery, so I'm pretty excited about that. I was also asked to do a photography internship with the fashion department, taking pictures of the students' clothes and the fashion shows they put on. I think it'll be an excellent learning experience for me since I want to get into commercial photography, specifically fashion. That was a really long introduction and kudos to those who get through it! You can see my digital work on my homepage (aka myspace).

Welcome to TPF from another 'zonie' (Phoenix).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back