Books, books, books, books, books - I love books

A certain rendition of Les Miserables has always been my favorite book to read over and over again.

But for favorite author, Ted Dekker would take the cake.

Traveler, start making books of your pix at Blurb. Yetish does it with his travel pix. You can sell your stuff and gain some name recognition. Blurb wouldn't do my book. I'm still looking for a printer. (affordable)

Poppy Z. Brite is great for all my graphic intercourse scenes and horror themes all in one book. :sexywink:

But seriously, I'll read almost anything by Cory Doctorow!

Paul Auster- I have read most of his books at least twice.

Yes! Everything I've read by Auster has been terrific. Did you see the movie they made from The Music of Chance? I thought it was quite good.

I'm finishing The Sojourn by Andrew Krivak. It was a finalist for the National Book Award a year or two ago. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Paul Auster- I have read most of his books at least twice.

Yes! Everything I've read by Auster has been terrific. Did you see the movie they made from The Music of Chance? I thought it was quite good.

I'm finishing The Sojourn by Andrew Krivak. It was a finalist for the National Book Award a year or two ago. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I have not seen the movie, but a friend of mine told me that it was really good.

You know what I really like about Auster? His stories border on fantasy sometimes, but he has such a clean, precise, and compassionate writing style that he makes any far-fetched story sound reasonable. He really is a master at his craft. There are very few writers like him.

Hi All, I have one must read book that I would like to share with this group, it's a 1973 Novel named Gravity’s Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon, not an easy read by any means but definitely one of the best novels ever written IMHO!
Here's Wiki's take on it for what it's worth Gravity's Rainbow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gravity's Rainbow
is a masterpiece. I have read most of his novels and Against the Day is right up there with Gravity's Rainbow.

Gravity's Rainbow
reminds me a lot of The Sunlight Dialogues by John Gardner. It, too, is a difficult read but it is very rewarding.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello, Rick,

How are things in Texas? I've been doing a bit of shooting in NYC.
New York sure makes Washington, DC look like a real small town.

Fortune Cookie I got in a meal last evening.

fortunecookie.jpg~original

Now, that is what I call a great fortune cookie.

I have always wanted to visit New York City. Maybe one day....

I have not been shooting much lately because of health problems, but things are clearing up and I should be back in the swing of things in the next few days or so.

By the way, that video of yours was excellent. Great stuff, my friend.

I have a hard time re-reading books.

Though I've re-read MINE about 3,000 times now. :lol:

:banghead:

Favorite author? These days it's probably Brandon Sanderson. His book The Way of Kings has been one of the best fantasy reads to date.

Lonesome Dove was also reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally excellent.

Lonesome Dove was also reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally excellent.

Have you read All the Pretty Horses? It's one of the relatively few novels I've read more than once. I also liked Lonesome Dove a lot and normally I have little patience for Westerns.

If anyone is interested in intricate, well-plotted, almost literary mysteris, read anything by Simon Tolkien (yes, he is the grandson). He is a former barrister in the UK but now lives in southern California.
After reading The King of Diamonds and enjoying it a lot, I went back to read the rest of his work, which I enjoyed equally much.

Hmm I'd not heard of Simon - I've heard of Christopher who seem to be more focused on finishing his fathers work but nothing of the Grandson - I'll give him a look (seems fantasy runs in that families blood now!)

Poppy Z. Brite is great for all my graphic intercourse scenes and horror themes all in one book. :sexywink:

Ugh Lost Soul. Creepy Albino!

Hmm I'd not heard of Simon - I've heard of Christopher who seem to be more focused on finishing his fathers work but nothing of the Grandson - I'll give him a look (seems fantasy runs in that families blood now!)

Nothing at all like grandfather.
His stuff is intricate, neat and realistic.

Most reactions

Back