Books on Creative Concepts?

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know of a good book on creative concepts? Something that would help flesh out ideas and put them to practice? Or something similar?

A book that we used in Architecture School is; Design Drawing by William Kirby Lockard. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but I made lots of concept sketches of things that I later built or modified using my sketches. I also carried around a sketchbook that I would use to record my ideas. There are others that we used, but I don't remember all of them just now.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure I understand the question but when I wanted to do something creative I looked to see what others were not doing.
I did a series using ALS ,alternative light source. Not infa red but UV.
Can I ask what sort of thing then you Are trying to do

John Paul Caponigro... he was profiled in an issue of either Modern Photography or Popular Photography magazine back in the 1970s or 80s… I forget which… I saw it when I was a teenager.

Not sure I understand the question but when I wanted to do something creative I looked to see what others were not doing.
I did a series using ALS ,alternative light source. Not infa red but UV.
Can I ask what sort of thing then you Are trying to do

Basically I feel I’m more technical than creative and when I start to come up with an idea for something I want to shoot, I have a hard time bringing my creative thoughts to light. Like I need a creative director with me but that’s not feasible so I am hoping to figure out how to be my own festive director. Maybe something to help me think more creatively.

Have you tried looking it as a technician chalange
How is the best way to light this what direct and what reflected light,
Start simple try photographing a plastic , clear one, full of coke capture the fizz
Ok so what shutter speed, how to light, back drop etc all technical question
Have fun post results think technical end creative

Have you tried looking it as a technician chalange
How is the best way to light this what direct and what reflected light,
Start simple try photographing a plastic , clear one, full of coke capture the fizz
Ok so what shutter speed, how to light, back drop etc all technical question
Have fun post results think technical end creative

Sometimes it’s hard to come up with something totally new and interesting creatively, but so many time I just take some other creative things I’ve seen and play off those, tweak and tweak some more until I get something I like and then I can call it my own. Good or Great, as long as the technical stuff is on the money you’re good. Sometimes an unintended mistake or action can turn out to be a master piece. Think outside the box, experiment and after not long you’ll find you’ve done good , possibly even excellent work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back