Books

anthwinter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone recommend any (cheap) books i could buy that will help me understand the basics of photography (digital). e.g. understanding what f2.8 etc is all about and what it does, and shutter speeds and exposures etc

any help appretiated :thumbup:

Do you have a local book store? If you do ask the worker where the photography section is and look for books that are for begginers.

The largest "book" in the world would be the internet. You can learn pretty much anything, and if you have a printer, you can read the info on the go.

But if you want a real book, try amazon.com/amazon.co.uk and read reviews of the books to see which people liked better.

I wrote a thread here asking for book advice...try to search here for books and a few titles should come up. Before shelling out the money for a book, check out the local library and get as many books as you can on photography. I'm currently reading "The new manual of photography" by John Hedgecoe. It's not the best for getting into gripping detail about any certain subject, but a great overall book for getting your feet wet..see if your library has it.. Next to the internet, the library is best and cheapest way to go. Sometimes it's better to have a book so you don't have to have your computer with you at all times...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back