Books

angelatron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to get a book to learn more about photography, specifically apeture and shutter speeds. Any recomendations?

Thanks!

Stretch Armstrong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
This one: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0111329-7930258?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182520299&sr=8-1[/ame]

Boden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.recordingproject.com
Photos OK to edit
The Ansel Adams books are good.

Tip: your public library has tons of books on photography. The library is a fantastic resource.

nomade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rubiba.blogspot.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
There are 2 books I appreciate when it comes to understanding how it works, one of them is understanding photography, a small book relatively, but it has so much information a beginner needs, unfortunately a friend of mine borrowed it, I can't remember the exact name of the author.

The other is a hand book, I' actually have a couple of those books, I like "The photographer's handbook" By John Hedgecoe, it's not basic, it's a standard reference for techniques, procedures, equipment...etc. I'll keep using one of those forever.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Don't be afraid to go OLD. The books I learnt from were written in the 1970s by TimeLife. I don't think I could have gotten a better foundation. They are as relevant today as they were then.

Most reactions