Bored one afternoon....

Kristen6877

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristenmartin.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well - over the weekend I had a little free time so I took a FEW (2 memory cards full) of different flowers and fun spots around the Island... let me know what you think. Some are edited in Photoshop...

52007170Small.jpg

52007135bSmall-1.jpg

kalihi077bSmall.jpg

kalihi067bSmall.jpg

Kalihi060BBcopySmall.jpg

AlohaTowerSilverRedSmall.jpg

kalihi003BSmall.jpg

Nice shots. Some things I noticed:

#1 looks kinda washed out because of the harsh sunlight. Needs something to contrast it and give it some atmosphere. Maybe shoot there at a different time of day.

#2 is beautiful. Nice perspective with the rocks in the foreground.

#3 is interesting. Colors are good, but the sky and building in the background are blown out.

As for the rest, the B&W's are good. I like them. But there is a definite halo around the men in #5. Not sure what that is from, maybe the shadow/highlight filter?

I envy you because you live in this wonderful tropical setting. I will make it there for a vacation some day, but not sure when that will be.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

NJ

They have a funky, sort of cross-processed look to them.

I really notice it when a horizon isn't' level...especially when it's water. A couple of these are tilted.

i wish i lived somewhere like that... minnesota isnt quite as tropical... cool shots

Thanks for the critique! Shot #1 horizen is really off - I took it as I was walking away turned around and shot.... so I knew that was kinda off but I thought it was a cute shot so I stuck it in there. I'm still trying to get used to focusing and putting the horizen straight with the new camera. There is a definite weight difference so even after I align it - I notice I move a little before the shot. I just got a new tripod this week though - so that should help! Mahalo, Kristen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back