www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i got 2 of my lights out, not sure if i like it or not

IMG7543-L.jpg

Here's the setup, backdrop is greaseproof paper

IMG7532-L.jpg

Last edited:
Gary, I'm kinda expecting the back "spotlight" to be casting more of a shadow towards us. There is a faint shadow, but it's not really supporting the visual idea that the back light is a spotlight. What would happen if you dim the overhead light by a stop or maybe 1.5 stops?

Gary, I'm kinda expecting the back "spotlight" to be casting more of a shadow towards us. There is a faint shadow, but it's not really supporting the visual idea that the back light is a spotlight. What would happen if you dim the overhead light by a stop or maybe 1.5 stops?

YES!!!! I would love to see MORE of a shadow coming toward me, from the backlight.I like the idea, but the front of the bottle seems "dead",except for the type.I think more of a shadow coming toward the camera, and then a VERY small,small,small bit of fill light on the bottle would make this one a real winner. Maybe a bit of fill from a small mirror,aimed right at the bottle?

Or maybe stripping in a *second exposure* of the bottle's front...that would actually be easier for many people. That way the shadow could still be there, but the front of the bottle could be "lifted" just a tiny bit.

Why not a montage? Cut a hole and shoot the first shot with your current setup and less light from above - which will give you the shadow to the foreground, and a second shot (maybe even the one you already have) with the "spotlight" in place. Photoshop the spotlight over the hole and you got the best of both...

Why not a montage? Cut a hole and shoot the first shot with your current setup and less light from above - which will give you the shadow to the foreground, and a second shot (maybe even the one you already have) with the "spotlight" in place. Photoshop the spotlight over the hole and you got the best of both...

Hate messing in photoshop i try to get it in camera and just use Capture One, for this shot i used greaseproof paper (for cooking) to see if it would work, i'm going to try again shooting over the backdrop through a 5 in 1 reflector using the diffuser only should work

Most reactions

Back