Boredom Websites

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I work as a Crisis mental health worker and as such, I have a lot of down time, much like a fire-fighter waiting for the next fire. So, I spend much of my day surfing the net waiting for something to do. I spend a lot of time here as well as some other photography websites. But I was wondering what other sites you guys browse when you are bored and have already checked in here.

Here are a few of the non-photography ones I visit:
www.fark.com
www.drudgereport.com
www.slashdot.com
www.killsometime.com
www.strictlysudoku.com
www.2flashgames.com
www.bizarrebids.com

Anyone care to share some others?

I have a lot of down time, much like a fire-fighter waiting for the next fire.

Down time, your kidding right?

I work at a station that runs 10-12 calls during a 24 hour shift. Lump in shift turnovers, PT, training, vehicle maintance, pub ed, and whatever else they find for us to do and we have no down time. On top of that, we can't surf the web until 1800. Come on! The days of guys sitting around playing checkers waiting for a call ended many years ago.

Oh crap! Your a mental health worker. OK my rants over.

fredcwdoc said:
I have a lot of down time, much like a fire-fighter waiting for the next fire.

Down time, your kidding right?

I work at a station that runs 10-12 calls during a 24 hour shift. Lump in shift turnovers, PT, training, vehicle maintance, pub ed, and whatever else they find for us to do and we have no down time. On top of that, we can't surf the web until 1800. Come on! The days of guys sitting around playing checkers waiting for a call ended many years ago.

Oh crap! Your a mental health worker. OK my rants over.

But most of your injuries come from playing basketball, don't they? ;)

I kid, I kid (and have buddies that are firefighters and respect them a lot, as well as the always under-funded mental health workers)...but it does bring up an issue of how much time at 'work' do you have to surf the net? Recently, because people have temporarily decided to stop killing each other, I've been able to pop my head in once or twice a day at work, but I usually see the same people on here all the time, which is kind of funny.

I have time to check email, other odds and ends. We just now got LCD screens at my station instead of old CRT monitors so you can see things better. I'm an engine company officer so I don't get a bunch of time with writing reports, etc. I surf more after a late call than anyother time. If I spent an hour a shift I would be surprised. Just no time.

When I was younger I did break my foot playing basketball. They banned basketball a couple of years ago after a guy broke his arm. Funny as it seems we did hurt more guys playing basketball than at fires.

Most reactions

Back