Boring photo...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... but among the best I managed to take while we went walking on the river bank on Sunday.
My wobbly Sigma DG 70-300mm zoom with so-called "macro"-settings tends not to take me any much closer to things, I'm afraid - and it's become quite unreliable, too.

mmeottersberg21081102.jpg

What do you think? Should I give up photography until I can invest in a new, better lens?

I think it's a lovely image, to be honest. Could be cropped a little tighter on the right, or given more space above, but that aside, it's nice. Definitely not worth giving up togging for.

What "macro" is that lens? A lot are labelled macro but are not...sometimes as much as 1:4 instead of 1:1. I got a cheap (£20) manual macro lens which does a great job. Worth watching out for eBay bargains...but make sure it goes 1:1.

It's nice but would be nicer with a real Macro lens. Whatever gadget you have, you shouldn't give up. Keep up!

I think you did a nice job with what you had. But for heaven's sake, don't ever give up!!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words.
But I must admit, that the initial drive has gone... too little development possible with camera and lens equipment that hasn't changed in all of five years (or more).

What do you think? Should I give up photography until I can invest in a new, better lens?

Never give up photography! I still love your photos! this one included! ;)

A much as I want to......I can never manage to get one of these shots....lol Nice job!!

everyone goes through blue periods, hang in there. :)

I like it, looks clear to me!

I used to have the same lens and it was pure junk. The fact that you managed to get this shot from it shows that you are a good photographer. I upgraded to some better lenses and my work improved ten-fold. What you need to do is come up with a long term plan to get some better glass. New lenses always inspires! Don't give up!!! :)

Most reactions

Back