Boring portraits vs Unrealistic beauty standards

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Arianor, Dec 20, 2018.

1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The bad news is that "wrapping optional" so they get it back. As to grandkids, I'm searching drawers for some of their old art - I've got a fortune and didn't know it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grandpa Ron

Grandpa Ron No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Smoke,

Good one. I try not to be too critical, especially when I see a few adults swooning over such works. But that kind of art does make an easy target. :)

I have to admit it is lost on me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sharpshooterr

Sharpshooterr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Arianor, not sure WHY a portrait has to be boring. A portrait is limited by what the person shooting it shoots. If you have a paying customer and all they’ll let you shoot is boring, well boring it’s gonna be. But just like anything else, you as the expert have to educate your customer and sell them on what you feel you can produce for them.
    Don’t confuse what an IG influencer does to what you need to do. The influencer is advertising products or looks.
    My portfolio contains very little cookie cutter images. Yes I shoot them but more often than not I can sell edgy. Most people just don’t think they can be edgy.
    I’m sure my stuff is plenty boring to many, but I strive to make it different and unique! Why create boring when you can create interesting.
    These 4 shots the girls did their own makeup/hair etc.
    The blue look took about 15 minutes to create. The fabric was an old wreath that I took apart and the nails were paste-ons from Walmart as was the lipstick and eyeshadow.
    Feel free to give me feedback or ask questions.
    Hope I’ve helped!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

1x. Photographers that make you feel.

Finding your own voice takes a great deal of effort, determination, and vision. I have found, as in most things, the vision evolves after a great deal of effort and determination. As Vincent van Gogh said, "great things are done by a series of small things brought together".

You poo poo'd grandpa Ron's comment, be careful, there is some substance there.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019