Born again newbie

Giuseppe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. My names Giuseppe, as you've probably guessed by my login, and I've kinda been into photography for a while. It's been more of a love-hate relationship between us. I got my first dslr in 2006, finding a Canon Rebel/300D refurbished off of some website that looked hit or miss.

When the camera came in I fell in love with it, took it with me every where, until I left to go to college up in Maine. After that my time behind the lens was slowly decreasing and every time I went out to take photos something else more interesting always came up.

I moved back home in May of 2010 and started to rekindle my passion for photography. I wanted to work more on my composition that anything else, so instead of me using the 300D all the time and just snapping away happily, I picked up a Canon AE-1 Program of eBay for $50. Only problem it had was a slightly squeaky shutter release. One of the images I am most proud of that I've taken is right below. There was no post processing done on this, for what I can remember. Was taken with the 50mm 1.8 that came with the camera.
5507962639_74be5cd152_z.jpg

As of recently though I have been wanting to get rid of both my cameras and just get one dslr for everything. Seeing my nephew growing up has made me wish I had something a bit more up to date and faster than my current setup and without the cost and time of developing film. I am heavily leaning towards a Nikon D3100. I've read as much as I can on others within the beginning dslr range, but after holding all of them and shooting with them I fell in love with the D3100.

So a long story short I am coming off of hiatus of photography and looking forward to learning more and making splendid images.

Hi Giuseppe, welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

Back