Bosphorus Bridge - Red or Blue?

batmura

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two shots of the Bosphorus Bridge here in Istanbul, Turkey. This bridge is very important in that it is the only bridge connecting two continents, Europe and Asia in this case. This was shot from the Asian side about 20 minutes after sunset and any C&C would be appreciated.

Red

Bosphorus Bridge Red by batmura, on Flickr

Blue

Bosphorus Bridge Blue by batmura, on Flickr

I prefer the blue as it kind helps the Bridge stand out a little more. It might be me but looks like the blue bridge image is ever so slightly tilted to the right

What was it like when you captured it? Choose that color :) I personally like blue (second pix) as it looks more real for that moment. It was kinda late at night. The water should look black. That's just me. Beautiful location for this kind of shot. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I just realized that you are talking about the bridge :) Red is more real hahaha :)

What was it like when you captured it? Choose that color :) I personally like blue (second pix) as it looks more real for that moment. It was kinda late at night. The water should look black. That's just me. Beautiful location for this kind of shot. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I just realized that you are talking about the bridge :) Red is more real hahaha :)
it was exactly that when I captured it. The bridge changes colours alternately, of which red and blue are my favourite. Some people prefer shades of green or turquoise, but I've always liked the red and blue. When I shot these, I thought the blue would provide a nice contrast to the red sky, but I now feel the red bridge under the reddish sky kinda looks better.

Any thoughts as to how these shots could be bettered?

it was exactly that when I captured it. The bridge changes colours alternately, of which red and blue are my favourite. Some people prefer shades of green or turquoise, but I've always liked the red and blue. When I shot these, I thought the blue would provide a nice contrast to the red sky, but I now feel the red bridge under the reddish sky kinda looks better.

Any thoughts as to how these shots could be bettered?

I personally like the red Bridge replaces the blue one in the second picture. Composition wise, I like the second pix. The light trail on the second picture helps with the composition (to me). Try cropping the pix for pano view (see below - i removed those distracting lights in the lower left). See how this looks to you. If you have a chance to do it again, try to do a pano. Use that river and do a pano along it. It's a great location and great job you did. I'm not a pro like some of them here. This is just my opinion.

$batmura-2.jpg

Very nice photo.

My vote is for red. It looks more natural.

Most reactions

Back