Boudoir Clients

TheBoudoirBoutique

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those of you who shoot boudoir - who are your primary clients? We're starting up a boudoir section to our photo business, and we're thinking married women and brides to be will be our best bet. Have you guys found that these are the types of clients that you typically get?

I haven't had and boudoir clients yet...but it's something I'd love to shoot. I've observed that female photographers have a better success rate for booking these clients.

From the photographers I talk to, I think you are right on. It's married women, probably in their late 30s, 40s or even 50s. They say those are also the best clients/models because they are so much more sure of themselves than the younger ladies.

A few people I know are shooting brides-to-be...but I don't think it's as common.

Its a very popular gift idea for brides to their future husbands and I can only assume anniversary presents as well. In fact its what i gave my husband :)

Larissa,

I checked out your website, definatley need to get some samples up. Also you may want to rethink your time vs images. I don't think you will be able to generate 40-60 images in a 45 minute session. Especially with a clothing change mixed in. Your subjects will not be professional models, so you are going to need to pose them down to the minuest detail. Check and recheck the lighting. In 45 minutes, I'd expect to create about 20 images maybe. Most boudoir sessions start at abuot 1.5 hrs for a basic, non-rushed session.

As for your clients, women aged 25 and up. In todays Facebook/Myspace world, I have found a number of younger ladies interested in doing this for their significant other. But the majority will be in the 30-50 range. They will be anniversary, holiday, birthday, and valentine's gifts. So marketing in advance of these times would be beneficial.

Good Luck and keep us informed in how things are going

I like your thinking here. You are targeting a specific audience. Marketing wise that is a very positive first step. The market is out there so that is also positive.

Personally you have a tough road ahead of you. A makeshift studio in hotel room plus an unexperienced subject is an equation for disaster. Add a slightly hefty price tag...

I would market it as glamour shots. Boudoir is kind of an outdated concept. I would also get some glamour studio shots in your book before proceeding.

Love & Bass

Boudoir is kind of an outdated concept.
I think that it's coming back into style...especially as many of the clients will be 35-50.
Boudoir is 'the hot new thing' for many photographers these days.

Most reactions

Back