bought a 1.8 50mm

sh0rtofdaybr3ak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey i just purchased a 50mm for my nikon N75 after a number of referals here on TPF. and im planning on taking a role of shots of my friends band during the day at a few different settings just to try it out. do you guys have any tips or suggestions on using this lense, maybe from experience or similar shots? i might take some later on tomorrow night as well. i also have a qaf 6600 flash. well, anyways...any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

tell us how the pictures turn out, i'm looking into getting one for a d70 (i wonder if it's a different lens because it's digital)

good luck and have fun:)

I've had no problems using my 50mm with the D70. You do have to remember that everything is multiplied 1.5 times so it actually acts like a 75mm (a great portrait lens).

As for tips, I have none. It's a pretty standard prime lens. I do prefer manual focusing over the AF though.

If you are shooting wide open (1.8) be careful of your focus point, because your DOF is razor thin. If you are shooting a group portrait for instance, and everyone is not lined up evenly horizontally, some faces will be slightly out of focus. Just something to be aware of.

Rogue Monk said:
I've had no problems using my 50mm with the D70. You do have to remember that everything is multiplied 1.5 times so it actually acts like a 75mm (a great portrait lens).

As for tips, I have none. It's a pretty standard prime lens. I do prefer manual focusing over the AF though.

yea i knew that there was a 50mm made for the d70 but i wasn't sure if it was the same one made for a film camera, so if i liked his results but couldnt get the lens because it is made for a film camera...etc.

You can use any lens on a D70 that has the same mount. There are no lenses made especially for film cameras that don't work on digital.

Most reactions

Back