Bought a Clik Wrist Strap and I love it!

GeorgieGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I usually wrap the neck strap around my wrist, but this is a very nice change and no more bulk of the neck strap. I trust it to do its job, I wasn't sure I would, but I do. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Found it on Amazon... I might have to get something like that. I have neck straps on most of my cameras, but I hardly even put them around my neck...

How is it working out for you? It looks intriguing, but I'm curious if it's a hassle to do things like change lenses, or simply take a quick sip of coffee or the like?

Currently I use a neck strap and loop it around my wrist anyway. It takes only a quick flip of the wrist to unwrap it. That is to say I'm not sure how cumbersome (or not) it is to get that strap off the wrist.

For anyone who wants to look at one, here's a link to Amazon.
Amazon.com: Clik Elite Camera Wrist Strap: Clothing

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Clik, nothing but great high quality products. I have a few packs and recently saw their upcoming classic line that will be out later this year... pretty stoked.

This is a great idea. Does it have some sort of quick-release buckle, and that's why it is called a "Clik?"

I have been using neck straps and twisting/looping them to use them as wrist straps. But they always seem to get loose if I don't continually pull them tight. On the other hand, it IS nice to be able to convert back to neck strap quickly! When I'm out and about, I carry the camera cross-shoulder until I need it.

On this one, it looks like you could carry the camera in your hand, and if you needed your hand for somethign else, just "drop" the camera and let it dangle from the wrist momentarily.

Anyway, this is a good thing for folks that prefer to just hand-hold the camera without a strap, but want a little extra security. I'm adding it to my Wish List.

Here's a link, for others' reference:
Amazon.com: Clik Elite Camera Wrist Strap: Electronics

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That looks super-nice. Only thing I'm skeptical about for my use is all the weight on one eyelet.

D700 is heavy, then add grip, TT5 pocketwizard, 70-200 lens.....

I haven't 'tested' it with a long lens yet. But I do have it on with a 60 at this time.

The idea is that the falling weight will tighten the band around the wrist. This it does well.

I will try it later tonight with the 70-200 and give you some feedback.

My primary reason to go from the neck strap to the wrist was to avoid the strap shaking/swinging when I am trying to take macro shots on the tripod. So it has helped with that.

Do not have a grip.

Thanks for posting this, I may have to pick one up

any one try the optech version?
Its less than half the price.
I don't use a strap anymore and when i did i would kinda wind it around my hand. Not having any strap is a bit scary in case the camera falls. I am just looking for a wrist strap but i would rather not pay $20 for it. Just want something for a tiny bit of insurance.

I was just thinking about buying this. But then I realized wrist straps usually just are a "safety net." Only depended upon when the camera is dropped.

I have a wrist strap that came with an old point & shoot camera that is thin, but very strong. I'm going to try this first. It is also gray and thin, instead of red and big, so it is even more stealthy.

I had been using this wrist strap on my old 35mm Konica Auto S2 rangefinder, a big metal camera from the 60s. It works like a charm, though not as glamorous as the one discussed above.

The beauty of these is that they are everywhere. Chances are everyone has one in their house somewhere.

For the rangefinder, I attached it to the lug, and gave it a good hard pull, to make sure it wasn't going to snap on me in the moment of truth. It works, and is very low key.

Here are a few snaps that I took to llustrate a bit better what this looks like. Its on my left hand (I have atiny wrist) so I could hold the iPhone in the right...What is key is that the red tether runs all the way though the wrist strap. I still have not dangled the 70-200 but I do think it would be fine absent of knowing what the weight rating is for it. At times I take photos over a balcony, so if the camera were to drop its bye-bye camera. Hope these illustrations help give you a better idea.

i-mjbQZGN-M.jpg

i-Thfqqpt-M.jpg

i-xnPZPx5-M.jpg

i-T3sN398-M.jpg

i-VqKsN9S-M.jpg

Rather than a wrist strap like Clik, I went with a Canon hand strap that requires a battery grip. I used that in addition to the neck strap, so I had choices. I first hooked up the hand strap, then to right side of the neck strap hooked to the top of the hand strap.

It was a pure joy to use the hand strap to hold the camera, even with an 24-105L hanging on the front. Ditto with the 16-35L and 135L. I also experimented with wrapping the neck strap around while using the hand strap and figured out a way to 'lock' it in my thumb at the very end. I then even tried to shake the camera off my hand and it couldn't be done!...well, at least not easily. With it 'locked' to my hand, I had no trouble carrying it for several hours. The only real problem was setting myself free when I wanted to change lenses!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back