Bought a new camera!

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was looking for a bit more performance than the T3i could offer. Mainly sports shooting of my kids, but also looking to do some other stuff. I ended up trading in my T3i using amazon's 'trade in program'.

I sent in my camera, box, all accessories it came with, including the manual etc. I ended up getting $499 as an amazon gift card for the deal. I didn't think that was too bad considering new on amazon they are now going for $649 (the kit). All told the trade in process was pretty seemless. Took about 1 week for the shipping/evaluation process.

I scooped up a new 7D (body only) for $1349, bringing my net cost down to $849. I completed the deal on 10/31, the next day the 7D had gone up to $1499 so I'm pretty happy.

Now I just have to get out and shoot!

Movie to the Discussions Forum

(Oh and congrats! New gear is always good, and who here wouldn't like a new body?)

assuming your 70-200 is the f/2.8 MkII L, that lens plus a 7D is quite a formidable sports setup. Unless you move up to like a 1DX, I think its the best all around sports setup Canon has. Just my opinion of course, but it's quite the beast.

Yes, I do have the f/2.8 MKII L. Photography is not a cheap 'hobby' that much is certain. At this point I think my upgrades are complete!

...and who here wouldn't like a new body?)

I could probably use one in a few years. The knees are going, the finger joints are swelling, one hip complains going up the stairs, the back is sore,.... and I lose focus about what we're all talking about.

Oh! camera bodies. Well then, never mind.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back