Bought a Nikon D610 and a Tamron 24-70 2.8!

DevC

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went on a black friday shopping spree more or less.

Been saving for quite some time, and i'm quite content with my 610 purchase as i see no reason for anything better, plus its probably the best value/lease depreciation at this time!

All my B&H black friday shopping this weekend:
11grf40.png

Congrats on your amazing new camera and wonderful lens!
So sad, another FX casualty, Nikons plan to gun us down one FX at a time works perfectly, welcome to the dark side, its so much more powerful.....MooooHaaaaaHaaa

The low light performance will really make your night much brighter :)

You know the TPF credo: Pix, or it never happened! :adoration:

You will be very happy! I just sold my D700 and bough another D610. So now I have 2. The D610 has been more than a perfectly capable camera and saw zero draw for the D750 for my needs. For the price difference, I would be going for the D810 over the D750.

You will be very happy! I just sold my D700 and bough another D610. So now I have 2. The D610 has been more than a perfectly capable camera and saw zero draw for the D750 for my needs. For the price difference, I would be going for the D810 over the D750.
I agree. There are so few needs for a 750 over a 610. Sure the autofocus is a tad bit better, and group autofocus is nice, but honestly. I could deal with that, even for sports work. The d810 is more worthwhile too i agree for the price. I'm seeing a body upgrade probably in the next 3 years atleast with the 610!
Congrats on your amazing new camera and wonderful lens!
So sad, another FX casualty, Nikons plan to gun us down one FX at a time works perfectly, welcome to the dark side, its so much more powerful.....MooooHaaaaaHaaa

The low light performance will really make your night much brighter :)

I hope so! I had an offer to shoot at a local nightclub on an offnight. Hoping that this turns out to be worthwhile!

Whoa you must have been saving a long time...a Mac Book and ca,era bag too!
Good for you, enjoy.
Nancy

A good 6 months. (offtopic: It's good to be single, young and the only debt you gotta worry about is student loans!)
Thank you!

You know the TPF credo: Pix, or it never happened! :adoration:

When i get the gear tomorrow, i'll be sure to take some good pics with my iphone :)

Woohoo! More on the 610 crew!

Nice, congrats! Now go and shoot!!

I look forward to seeing what you produce with the 610. I debated getting one but I need to make money with what Ive got before spending more haha

I look forward to seeing what you produce with the 610. I debated getting one but I need to make money with what Ive got before spending more haha[/QUOTE]
Definetly. I've used a d90 in the past and have gotten excellent results. I'm really excited for this lens although and just the jump to FF, especially for concert work. Super excited!

I will be going to an animal shelter this evening. I'm hoping to grab a few high ISO shots of a few of the kittens and puppies. If I can i will post the pics!
Honorary Iphone pick in my dark room pic of gear that came in the mail (or else it didn't happen):

Obvisouly a 'shopped shot.
jester.gif

I have photoshop clone tool skills of perfection!

Where are said pics?
Unfortunately they would not allow me there. I did do some studio work, but that doesn't really show the wonderfullness of the 610 in ways that may interest you guys here.

On another note, the 610 dropped in price again 100$...now its 1500 bucks!

I called up B&H and they price matched me down,o they will be refunding me 100 more bucks! Wewt wewt!

Very nice. I want to make the move to FX, but I want a D810 haha. I'm thinking the D610 is probably the right move, but I just WANT the D810!

Very nice. I want to make the move to FX, but I want a D810 haha. I'm thinking the D610 is probably the right move, but I just WANT the D810!
It's a pretty nice camera, but diminishing returns kick in. Is the juice worth the squeeze? Maybe for a few, but i just don'[t see it now. Maybe in a few years i'll upgrade to medium format instead when they become easier to produce.

Eitherway, here is one photo i shot over the weekend. I shot this at a store was able to manipulate some light:
Rudolph by devchatt, on Flickr

If you look at the exif data, i'm quite proud of using those settings and producing a sharp image. Definetly couldn't of done it without VR and some more apparent noise.

Most reactions

Back