Bought a used D800, fiddly multi selector

MVPernula

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heya!

I just recently bought a used D800 *yay*, but the multi selector is fairly wiggly and slightly unresposive. This I knew when buying it, so rest reassured- I wasnt scammed.

I was just thinking if theres a way for me to fix or replace it without having to send in the entire house into nikon and pay as much as a new D800 costs just to change the damn thing!
So well.. Is there?

Googling around I dont find alot of people with the same issue, and if they do- they forget to state how they fixed it.

Ideas?

this might have been a question better posed before buying the camera.

there is very little fixable on a camera that does not involve sending it in to its respective manufacturer.
i would work under the assumption that to fix it, you will have to send it somewhere.

this might have been a question better posed before buying the camera.

there is very little fixable on a camera that does not involve sending it in to its respective manufacturer.
i would work under the assumption that to fix it, you will have to send it somewhere.
It is fine, really. It's not broken, fiddly- sure, but not broken.
I can live with it.

Considering I got it for about $650 and was told about this still makes it a decent deal.
Nothing wrong with the sensor or shutter, just minor scratches and a wonky multi selector.
If it gets on my nerves I'll send it in, no worres then :)

Most reactions

Back