trapspeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I'm new to photography and just bought my first camera. I replaced my old Sony 3.2mp Cybershot recently and am looking forward to learning more about taking good shots. I just purchased a Canon S2 IS and a 512mb SD. How is this for a beginner camera? Do any of you know if any aftermarket lens will work with it?

Thanks! Any tips are appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

The Canon S# IS cameras are pretty good digi-cams. As for after market 'lenses'...there are lens "adaptors" or "filters"...but the lens is attached to the camera and you can't change it. The adaptors are typically not all that great...and just degrade the image quality...but if anything, the wide angle one looks interesting.

I would also suggest a circular polarizing filter. You may need an adaptor for the front of your lens...that will allow threaded filters. Then you can use any of the typical threaded filters that you can find in any camera store. The polarizer is really the only one I would recommend though.

The best accessory I can think of...is probably a tripod.

Big Mike said:
The best accessory I can think of...is probably a tripod.

And the best tip i can think of ... is to shoot lots of pictures with your new camera. You'll learn very fast about what your camera can do and improve your photography in the process. ;)

Accessories
  • Extra Batteries
  • Card Reader
  • Tripod
Tip
Shoot as much as you can. Switch your camera into manual mode, eg Av and experient. Change the white balance settings and check the results. You will learn and develop your skills quickly.

I had the S1IS before I bought a DSLR. Nice camera and I am sure the S2IS is even better!

Regards,
T

http://tr-photo-blog.blogspot.com/

yes.Manual mode provide good flex.For P&S user wanting to try advanced photography i reccommond Casio Exilim series as they have a Best Shot function that preload several override modes for ppl to use.However it still remain a P&S at heart.
i am a user of the S600 and it can produce good img(see chiang mai thread 4 example)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back