Bought some new toys....can't figure out the Wi-Fi for the 6D.

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I bought some fun new toys, mainly backups, but anyways......
I purchased the Canon 6D. Love it so far. How does this wi-Fi thing work? I am not getting it. I am at home and it have a wireless network.
I also bought the new 24-70L 4.0 IS version. My old version of the 24-70L 2.8 non-IS version is my least favorite lens. The new lens is blowing my socks off. I am so impressed. I also purchased the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC. I am highly impressed with that as well. So all around pretty happy with my purchases if I could just figure out how this wi-fi thing works on the Canon 6d.

Nobody knows what they are doing with the Wi-Fi on the 6D?

its to connect the camera to a cell phone or tablet not to surf the web from your camera... go to your tablet/phone and connect to the cameras network. there should be a cannon app free from your app store.

I don't want to surf the web from my camera. I just want my images to go to my desktop from my camera.

plug usb cable into camera and other end into computer.. wifi would take forever to transfer.. its really only useful for reporters and bloggers to upload straight in jpeg from the street to there phone then to the net.
I don't want to surf the web from my camera. I just want my images to go to my desktop from my camera.

I have to admit, I was never really sure what use the wi-fi stuff would be on a camera, or how it was used. I couldn't make the connection in my brain to my 25mb raw files going over wireless. Like you said, it would take forever! How else do you wi-fi users make use of it?

its for field work, eg: reporters connect to there phone via wifi and transfer a few small jpegs and then email to the press : ) it also can be used as a remote shutter.
I have to admit, I was never really sure what use the wi-fi stuff would be on a camera, or how it was used. I couldn't make the connection in my brain to my 25mb raw files going over wireless. Like you said, it would take forever! How else do you wi-fi users make use of it?

I still want to try it. Where are all my 6D users at? I want to know how to use the wi-fi feature. I am sure it would take forever, but that still doesn't answer my question.

I still want to try it. Where are all my 6D users at? I want to know how to use the wi-fi feature. I am sure it would take forever, but that still doesn't answer my question.

you didn't get a manual with it?
Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : EOS 6D
No, I purchased the manual free model.
Yes, I read the manual but I still can't get the computer to find the connection from the camera. I want someone to answer who has experience actually doing it.

you didn't get a manual with it?
Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : EOS 6D
Yes, I read the manual but I still can't get the computer to find the connection from the camera. I want someone to answer who has experience actually doing it.

because its not to connect the camera to the computer, its to connect the camera to a portable device.

because its not to connect the camera to the computer, its to connect the camera to a portable device.

I would think if it connects to a device a comp should too. Kathy does your comp show any other wireless networks?

I would think if it connects to a device a comp should too. Kathy does your comp show any other wireless networks?

the camera transmits the wifi signal and the portable device connects to the canon network. creates a non internet network link. its just a different way other then bluetooth. That camera can be reversed to connect to a wifi home network but you have to manually enter the ip addresses and network security info, and its pointless as the data transfer rate is so much slower than usb it would take forever and higher risk of corrupted data.

This statement is incorrect. Do you own the 6D?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back