Bouke's Critique Thread

Bouke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there. Instead of posting a bunch of random pics I decided to start a running critique thread for myself. I am looking for feedback on all aspects of my pictures, I am especially learning post processing right now do to bad weather I can't get out to take any pics. Thanks all

(ISO 100 55 mm f/36 1.3sec)

6937797676_6da31ca483_c.jpg

I'm curious about ordering prints, what is the general rule for sharpening photos for printing?

6938373310_7b7e8d97f6_c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, this is the group description: "Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. This is NOT an actual gallery, but more of a place to ask questions and get feedback on technical issues. Use the TPF Galleries to show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement!"

so... expect to be moved by a mod ;) .

I feel the first series slightly underexposed. The very first is a good exercise for long exposure, but with nothing interesting inside.
The second series does not have a subject, view is occluded in 2 and 3, - and the first one has overexposed background.
Since you are exercising, try to find something "clear" to play with. If the thing in the last picture is a bridge, try to go there and look around, maybe there is some interesting perspective. Also the cat seems a good subject, try to find a background with no unuseful details (christmas lights, ecc).
Take a look at some composition rules too, e.g., 10 Top Photography Composition Rules | Photography Mad

It is better if you number them, so that is easier to refer to them in comments.

Most reactions

Back