Bovine Sunset

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some photos I just took of some cows and the sunset. I was a little too late to actually catch the sun before it went down, but there's still colors. Unfortunately, I didn't get all the cows exactly where I wanted them, but there's only so much control you can exert over animals. Appreciate any feedback.

1. $DSC_0700-2.JPG I know the background is overexposed, but it's a small part of the photo so I figured it may be worth sharing.

2.$DSC_0680_1_2_tonemapped-2.JPG This one is an HDR.

Thanks! :)

EDIT:
$DSC_0681_2_tonemapped-2.JPG

A bit less saturation, no invisible ear, and less cropping = centered horizon. Whatcha think?

Last edited:
Some photos I just took of some cows and the sunset. I was a little too late to actually catch the sun before it went down, but there's still colors. Unfortunately, I didn't get all the cows exactly where I wanted them, but there's only so much control you can exert over animals. Appreciate any feedback.

1. View attachment 49615 I know the background is overexposed, but it's a small part of the photo so I figured it may be worth sharing.

2.View attachment 49616 This one is an HDR.

#2.. Invisible ear on the right side, front cow... lol!

1. View attachment 49615 I know the background is overexposed, but it's a small part of the photo so I figured it may be worth sharing.

IBITWASPARTOFTHECREATIVEPROCESS

CRAP! I went swimming today, perhaps the chlorine hurt my eyes more than I thought....

I 100% accept that criticism, so for the time being, try to ignore that and comment otherwise.

IMO, HDR always looks way over processed to me, unnatural and cartoon-like. The only time I can appreciate it is on landscapes when done right.

IMO, HDR always looks way over processed to me, unnatural and cartoon-like. The only time I can appreciate it is on landscapes when done right.

Properly done HDR... you can't even tell it was done, unless you evaluate the dynamic range of the image... which should be a clue. The "CARTOONY" part of what many people call HDR is actually TONEMAPPING.. Tone mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Properly done HDR... you can't even tell it was done, unless you evaluate the dynamic range of the image... which should be a clue. The "CARTOONY" part of what many people call HDR is actually TONEMAPPING.. Tone mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I'd like to see more of the properly done stuff and gain a new appreciation for it.

I'd like to see more of the properly done stuff and gain a new appreciation for it.

Check this out... HDRSpotting.com - Gallery of HDR Photography most of it is actually pretty good

Not sure I'm enjoying these sorry. That ear and underexposure just don't cut it. And I do agree with the cartoony look in the HDR one. Like I always say, just my opinion.

OKAY - Check it! I uploaded an edit in my original post. Much better, I think.

Is it really noticeable when viewed full screen? I'm not sure what else to do, I tried to be precise with my de-ghosting.

Is it really noticeable when viewed full screen? I'm not sure what else to do, I tried to be precise with my de-ghosting.

Pretty noticeable... still have the originals? reprocess from the start...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back