• Artograph - Orange message

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Chris of Arabia - Pouring juice

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Antarctican - Shoelace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Encouraging enrollment from a newbie point of view.

I am extremely outgoing. The life following my husband around in he military has made me one who just jumps in and swims. Then why did I feel like a cat near water when it came to joining fight club and boxer turtle? Because.....

You all were intimidating! I watched a few rounds of fight club chewing my lips out of concern. Do I enter.... Do I not enter?

In my head were these holding me back thoughts: (and reality in italics after I joined the fun)

1. OMG they are out of my league.

Yeah, they are good. It's fun though. My first vote (for my photo) almost made me cry out of joy. I now realize it is pretty subjective. Some winners have not had the best technical skills but their pictures shine by subject and creativity alone.

2. I feel like I'm intruding at the cool table in high school all over again.

Everyone seemed so clique-ey when I just watched and voted. Once I joined in they welcomed me freely. It truly was a case of "it's all in your head". That thought that you wouldn't want an outsider to join was totally ridiculous.

I feel if you posted a sticky welcoming newcomers to the group would go along way to encouraging enrollment. Tell them other newbies have joined (like me) and now look forward to FIGHT ON. :playball:

Good points really -
I'm still very new to the Turte. I think i have done 2 of the 5? maybe 3? I had watched the Fight Club for a while, but weekends are usually too busy for me to get into. I treat the Turtle as a 1 hour concept shoot more than anything. I don't really have the free to spend on the whole thing. Thoughts start coming in Friday at work and then i rush home and brain storm and run around like a fool with my camera and see what is going to work best within the time i set myself.
I figured i would never win one, or even be close, but i couldn't believe that the last one i did i was tied and was checking the poll every 10 minutes for the rest of the days. Hahhah

I use this as i reason to think quickly - A reason to use my camera and learn new ways and functions that i don't normaly use while shooting racing action most of the time. Great for the off season for me, however, when May gets here...I'm pretty much done...Need a tuesday night Fight! :)

OK, I went and had a crack at fixing the blog text colours. I'm still not happy with a couple, but for anyone using a less than perfect monitor, they should look a little clearer than they did. Nothing to do with the Boxer Turtle of course, but hey...

Most reactions

Back