Votes: 1 9.1%
  • thephotoroom - Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fight Club

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Poll is up! (O|||||||O, just so you know, your username breaks the poll if I use the '|' instead of 'I'!)

It's that time of the week again...

See the complete rules here

Your week 6 topic is:
Hooooly crap, a 4 way tie. Remember, you can choose any one of the four topics, but you only get one submission, so choose wisely!

Fire
It's alive!
Old Friends
One of these things is not like the other

Submissions are due by Sunday at 2PM EST

(Time changes will go into effect this week. From now on, the end of voting, the topic poll, and topic poll end will all be at 8:00PM EST. I know this makes it really late for our overseas participants to see voting as it ends, but it's about as early as I can guarantee I'll be around to do it. Weekend times are unchanged)

Last edited by a moderator:
PHOTO MOVED TO MY WIFE'S POST

(since she took the pic)

Last edited:
interesting defy. Just WTH is it? And what category is it from?

interesting defy. Just WTH is it? And what category is it from?

This is actually my wife's pic (once i set her up an account then she will be able to enter her own) she just got back from St Louis and I was showing her how to edit pics in PS. So i would say this is either "fire" or "one of these things is not like the other" in that this picture will not fit in to the other categories.... :mrgreen:

This is actually my wife's pic (once i set her up an account then she will be able to enter her own) she just got back from St Louis and I was showing her how to edit pics in PS. So i would say this is either "fire" or "one of these things is not like the other" in that this picture will not fit in to the other categories.... :mrgreen:

Please get her account set up fast, so she can submit this herself. If it's still posed as your submission, it will have to be disqualified, and with a picture that good, I'd hate to see that.

Here's my submission (Moved, as it was the only one on page 2)

Smoke and Fire
FireForum.jpg

A bit about the shot: The initial idea was to do a long exposure shot, let the fire get in, then blow it out and flash the room for the smoke. This didn't work for pretty obvious reasons, so I ended up doing a multiple exposure. The flame was shot at 1/1000 at F1.8, while matchstick and smoke were 1/500 F1.8 with external flash. It was the same match (Light, click, blow, flash), and pretty difficult to boot! The two images were combined in photoshop, flattened, and edited from there.

Last edited:
Will do! I have been holding off because right now we only have one computer and I don't want her fighting me for that if she decides to do FC! But i will get her set up in a little bit. The easy way to distinguish will be all the D60 shots from now on are hers and mine will be the D300.

Here's my first shot at BT! (husband helped with the photoshop but I took the picture).

wierdarch.jpg

Here would be my entry.......

CSC_0041.jpg

One of these things is not like the other....

pushpull.jpg

Here's my first shot at BT! (husband helped with the photoshop but I took the picture).

wierdarch.jpg

Is this photo and PP subimtted for C&C, or is the a Fight Club entry.. If it's the latter, which category?

Duck Duck Goose..... One of these things is not like the other.
3355493064_ab63b0a167_b.jpg

One of these things is not like the other

IMG_6332-resized.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back