Boy on a tractor

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
aug 10 fave tractor by civgirlca, on Flickr

I snapped this shot of my son playing on an immobile old tractor at the conservation park yesterday. I like the colours, and the askew-ness of the tractor (the image is straight, the tractor leans - and I feel like my kiddo's lean accentuates that nicely).

I think you're right, actually. My boy is a bit soft. I'm not sure it ruins the shot, but I wish I had taken another. I was pretty far away on this shot (208mm) and must have missed my focal point.

It is a Case!

Last edited:
Yup, AF centre point was selected, and it hit bottom left of the tractor seat. Oops.

Allis Chambers not Case :raisedbrow:

Allis Chambers not Case :raisedbrow:
Case Vermillion and A-C Persian Orange are pretty similar colours, but that's very definitely a Case air-cleaner, and AFAIK, A-C never used that style of adjustable rear axle on their row crops. ;)

I think he might be a bit small in the frame and the colors certainly pull the eye from him.
Darkening the background and sharpening the boy/tractor pops him out a bit.
Harsh daylight is tough.

$tractorlll.jpg

Thanks, Lew! I like the crop - I'll chew on the B&W conversion for a bit.

Harsh daylight IS rough, and lately, it's all I ever get. I haven't even brought my camera to work lately for my lunch hour jaunts because it's almost "Why bother?". And weekends with the kids are for them first, photography second, so I have to work with what I've got. :) But the sun is starting to come down earlier, so it won't be long before I can get some real nice afternoon light with them again!

Edited to add: I love the tractor discussion, btw.

Most reactions

Back