snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is this possible? If so, maybe I haven't figured it out. I have my 5D3 setup to take 7 shots, say -3ev - +3ev on a really dynamic scene, and then set it to hi-speed shutter. I do not think it can take 7 shots with the mirror locked up, can it? Sorry if it's a lame question.

Oh, also.............. do any of you use the D+ (Highlight Tone Priority) option on your Canon? When enabled, ISO is only 200 minimum. Not a big deal, but I've watched so many tutorials I get confused. One or two of them recommended to use it.

Ah, yes, he said if auto bracketing I would have to press my remote shutter release 7 times to get the 7 shots. So I would have to turn off the high-speed shutter selection and go with single shot, if I understand him correctly.

Thats right, you cannot use high or slow speed shutter. You will have to press 14 times. Each shot is 2 presses. I do this when I have time. If objects are moving (like the moon) then things are different. Also, I found that using high speed or even slow speed shutter on auto-bracketing is risky with a longer lens. The camera shake from the mirror can cause trouble. I imagine this changes depending on lens used. I had trouble with my 300mm lens.

When I do a Mirror Lockup I usually wait 3 to 5 seconds before taking the image.
Mirror UP .. wiat 3 - 5 seconds .. then another press to take the image.

This seems to give enough time for system stabilization whether I'm using a long lens with it's own tripod mount, or a zoom lens with no tripod mount (camera mounted to tripod) or telescope.

I also most of the time remove my grip just to prevent any "wiggle" anywhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back