Brain Disturbance

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
(sorry, boring pet photos)

Jasper, my German Shorthaired Pointer had taken a funny turn last week. He was on the floor sleeping as he does when he suddenly tried to stand up but kept falling over on his right hand side. His eyes were gone, his breathing erratic, whining and moaning, falling over etc.. i though the worst to be honest.

Apparently it was a "brain disturbance".. i think that's a nice way of saying it's a stroke. I've had to watch him 24 hours a day for the last 6 days to make sure he didn't do himself any damage. He's walking fairly ok now but is blind in one eye which makes it difficult for him to eat, sniff things etc.

Anyway here's a few photos from today:

DSC_1070.jpg

DSC_1086.jpg

DSC_1123.jpg

DSC_1188.jpg

He'll get a little better apparently but probably wont get any decent sight back on the one bad eye. He's still happy though and hasn't lost his sense of humour just very tired lol.. suppose he ought to be.

First off, poor dog! Hopefully he'll get better and better as the days pass.

On to the photos. The first three are, using your own word, a bit boring (I assume they're the type of shots that are meaningful to the photographer and other people who know the subject). The fourth shot, however, I dig a lot, especially in light of the story you just told us (but it would work without the story regardless). Great composition, DOF and expression. The only thing I'd nitpick about is the right side of the image: I think it needs just 1 more centimeter, so the left eye fits fully in there.

Poor pup. My uncle used to breed, raise and hunt with GSHPs. Massively active but extremely sweet dogs. Smart as hell, too. Hope all your remaining days with him are great ones.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Manaheim - You're not wrong.. he never sits down! still trying to run about daft and do all the things he used to do. Brilliant dogs though, they love everyone and anyone.

I like the expression he has in the 2nd picture... he looks like a wise, old dog.
I think the angle in the 2nd picture is better than in the first one... since he looks wise, the angle & positioning empowers him.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back