Brand New Member

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi to all here at thephotoforums. I just found your site, and after looking around decided that I would like to become an active member.

As a quick Bio, I'm 64 years old, married, with one 24 year old son (still lives at home), lives, and works in Suffolk county, Long Island, New York. I just recently returned to photography as a serious avocation after a 35 year hiatus. Back then I used two Minotla SLRs with 4 lenses, and up to my return I've had a slew of various digital cameras that I just used for general picture taking.

I had to balance needs to budget, and honestly didn't want to go full bore into the equipment end of things, until I was really committed to returning to photography. So I purchased a Nikon CoolPix P500, which does most things fairly well, except for non-interchangeable lenses, and has the capabilities of macro to a 500 plus telephoto zoom lens. Although I'm quickly finding that there is a great trade off to it's overall lens design compared to a full functioning macro lens.

My main photographic interests are florals, macro florals, landscapes, insects, small animals, nature photography, and local kids sports. The other side benefit of photography for me personally is it's a perfect way to relax and get away from things for a few hours.

Thanks for reading my Bio,

Joel

Welcome! Dude, firstly, kick the coolpix if you are stepping into that type of photography. Get the gear and you will get the image. There are lots of deals avaiable on sites like ebay, gumtree etc etc and you can also check the sales papers. Good luck and enjoy being here :)

If all goes according to my master plan, I'll be upgrading to a Nikon D5100 and a Tamron 90 mm f2.8 macro lens sometime this spring. For now the P500 will have to do.

Joel

Most reactions

Back