Brand new Sigma 18-250mm OS with lens creep?

airic81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
On saturday, I received my brand new sigma 18-250mm os lens for my 60d, but it seems to have the dreaded lens creep. I called sigma and they stated this is because of the weight of the glass and the lens being a super zoom. Is this true? does anyone else have the same issue? Im tempted to return the lens.

Thanks in advance!
Eric

On saturday, I received my brand new sigma 18-250mm os lens for my 60d, but it seems to have the dreaded lens creep. I called sigma and they stated this is because of the weight of the glass and the lens being a super zoom. Is this true? does anyone else have the same issue? Im tempted to return the lens.

Thanks in advance!
Eric

This is a common trait with these types of lenses. Tamron, Sigma, Nikon, and Canon super zooms suffer from this issue to some degree. As Sigma told you it's due to the weight of all the glass that's used in these types of lenses. If they try to make things stiffer then the lens would be too difficult fo use.

Thanks guys. I guess ill invest in a lens band to remedy the issue.

Thanks guys. I guess ill invest in a lens band to remedy the issue.

Holy Toledo! Those "lens bands" look like glorified broccoli rubber bands to me!

Does anyone have experience with them here?

Are they worth $5 or should we all go buy some broccoli?

Okay I have an inner cheapskate so sue me! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back