Photos OK to edit
Lets see if this works; from holliday in France

fly.jpg

Thanks for looking and OTE

tim

Nice composition and detail. :thumbup:

Oh yes. I works brilliantly!
It IS a brilliant photo.
Good focus. Lovely light. Great clarity. It works.

Wow, That is great! I love the detail,and composition!

I am flaberghasted, thanks very much all, i am glad you liked it.

O.K. now to ruin it with some not so nice pictures, but there is a story, i had beeen chased away from the light by the nasty horse flys this morning and got protection under a tree, when i saw this thing in the darkness, a female scopion fly stealing a meal from a spîders web, tryed to take a pic at f 2:8 and got nothing but blackness, then the sun poked through a hole in the foliage and lit up a little area about 2cm and with time moved over the fly so i got the first pic. a couple of seconds later the resident realized something was up and came out thinking someone had called for dinner and went up to the fly and i got the second picture as the fly scrambled out of the web and flew off.

so underexposed and shaky the female scorpion fly feeding on the spiders dinner

scorpionfly.jpg

and the resident home builder and out of focus spider trying to get another lunch :)

scorpionfly1.jpg

tim

I hope that is better, i am having difficulty with the father in law and his french keyboard, bahhh humbug, and he complains about the imperial measurments, typical eh ;)

yeah, i can see it ... but I don`t know if it was not better, that I couldn`t see it ...

it looks so disgusting ... but great shots ...

Wow, impressive story. What a scene to witness! Fascinating, to say the least.

I really like your story along with these two photos, and I wonder why I haven't ever even KNOWN there exist scorpion flies when you have them in Denmark (provided you ARE in Denmark right now?) ... I would have thought they'd then also be in Germany. But this is the first time I hear about them and see one - and you caught it even in flagranti delicto!!! While stealing that spider's dinner. Ts-ts-ts.

One other insect that you mention in your story, however, is only too well known to me: horse flies. Hateful little things. When I work up a bit of sweat on my tours on rollerblades and then stop for a pic of something, then zoom! they are there and eat me alive! Grrr.

Hi Corinna scorpion flys definatly live in all of Germany and Denmark (but i think our speceis is a little less colourfull), usually in hedgrows etc, but the males are easier to spot because of the big scorpion like tail http://www.treknature.com/gallery/Europe/France/photo26044.htm
a horrific looking beast. I fully sympathise with the horsefly thing, there were 3 on me at the same point and they really really hurt, in denmark they are called hesterbrempser and i now know why, but i didnt know it was because i sweat so much :).

tim

Most reactions

Back