Breaking Amish.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
She said she felt like an Amish girl with her hair cover. First day of girl scout camp---told to wear silly socks.

She's obviously not shy...

Last edited:
Aww.. Cute!

Are you just sharing or looking for C&C?

Are you just sharing or looking for C&C?

I'd be happy to get some C&C from anybody who wants to offer it, but I was just sharing a photo of my silly kid.

My personal criticisms are (1) ugly background (this was a quickie taken in my backyard before leaving for camp), (2) not the best pose--she tends to get "stiff" when posing, (3) flat lighting (shot with SB-700 on camera for fill flash), (4) etc.

Please let me know how it could be better. Thanks for looking. :thumbup:

You could have spent like $12,000 on ProFoto power packs and heads and light modifiers and light stands, hired a makeup artist, hired an assistant, and hired a lighting director, and made one heck of a photo. Of course, that would have made this into a full-day production, so...it's perfectly fine to just go with the quick snap...it's just a for the record shot. I probably would have shot this with my iPhone, had it been me.

I noticed that your daughter looks, generically, sort of like ron's daughter looks! Similar facial shape.

You might wanna break it to her gently, but the shirt is not consistent with Amish beliefs ;) It is, in fact, off the hook.

You might wanna break it to her gently, but the shirt is not consistent with Amish beliefs ;) It is, in fact, off the hook.

We're trying to break her Amish habits....:mrgreen:

I noticed that your daughter looks, generically, sort of like ron's daughter looks! Similar facial shape.

Must be a Southern thing...:wink:

Most reactions

Back