Brenizer method expirement

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I've been wanting to try this for awhile and finally got around to doing it. I kind of like the effect in this photo, almost like a painting. I believe this one was only 8 separate images. Would definitely be nice to have enough time to find the perfect angle for this tree. The bit of foreground clutter bothers me, and there was an ugly picnic table on the lower left that didn't make the crop. This kind of photo needs lots of space in the FG and BG to be most effective.

Also, I learned that I need to upgrade... my FPS sucks.

Thoughts?

$finishedwillow copy.jpg

It's definitely not what I was going for. There's not enough "tilt shift" effect at all. You're certainly right, the subject wasn't isolated enough.

Just stepped outside and took another go. I realized that my previous assumption was wrong, you need more BG than FG. If there's too much going on around the subject, get closer and take more shots to give the feeling of isolation. Will post new image once I get it processed and merged.

Thanks for the feedback and the link! :)

... and it looks even worse! Oh my. I will have to spend some time on this :)

For the ones I've done, I've been very close to the subject with the widest aperture and shot about 30 frames.

It's not really a tilt-shift effect, it's just shallow DoF, together with a wide angle. It's more of a large-format effect (actually, it's not "like" a large format effect, it is exactly the effect you get with large format. If you understand why, award yourself a gold star!)

Yep, I understand! Will have plenty of time to practice this week/weekend.

Seems like all my photos have power lines inserted whether I want them or not. I think they are imbedded in my computer. Play with this one a little more.

Richard

Well , at least I learned what a Brenizer method was... One more thing to add to my "to-do" list!

I must learn before i comment on this; so later ;)

Regards :D

PS: On a plane ground i feel the B/G is busy and the tree is centered; ignore this comment if they are deliberate

Most reactions

New Topics

Back