Briana

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's one from a shoot I did at a studio in Baltimore that Lighting Essentials Don Giannatti and Briana attended. She's a great model.

I like this as it's a great example of how to light glass nice and easy without getting glare. I'm not quite sure if I like the overall shot though. I'm still on the fence about it.

I used two speed lights with shoot through umbrellas placed to the left and to the right to cross light her. This kept the reflection out of the angle of the lens and gave me a perfect shot with the window behind her and not having any glare or reflection in it.

Alright, I probably don't belong in here, but I have to say that if the letters behind her on the sign need to go. But I'm sure you already know that, which is why I'm even afraid to write this. Its just I can tell it says "planned parenthood" and although that's not a problem it distracts me from her.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have even said anything probably.

The big expansde of black in the window leaves the upper corner of the photo empty, and also means there's no definition of the model. Also, the model's pose hides her figure. If the pose was changed it would show her figure more, emphasising how attractive she is.

The big expansde of black in the window leaves the upper corner of the photo empty, and also means there's no definition of the model. Also, the model's pose hides her figure. If the pose was changed it would show her figure more, emphasising how attractive she is.

Plus I should have used my make shift beauty dish. I could have shot it off a boom above her and created a bit of seperation while also making it act as a hair light. The angle would have still been wide enough to miss glare and reflection from the glass. I only had a few minutes to shoot this though as we were close to wrapping up and had to move on to something else.

Most reactions

Back