Brianna

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a shot from a model shoot I did today. Any comments are welcome.

691326462_dSMuC-XL.jpg

Looks nice. Almost kind of vintage in a way. Another great example of a picture that makes me want to start photographing people.

I would like to know what setup did you use also.

Pic came out great.

great shot, mind sharing the lighting setup for it?

Here ya go. This should cover it.

The Bee on the top right was about 6ft in the air. The Bee on the lower right was about 3ft off the floor pointing up.

691857329_SY3Py-XL.jpg

Love the dramatic angle. Excellent focus by the model and of course the photographer.

I like your light setup. The drama and originality is about 80% of the way there. For the main try using diffusion and a grid and barn doors to better control the light. Or try and gobo the softbox so that it is not throwing light all over the place.

Love & Bass

The lighting looks good, nice work.

I'm not a fan of the pose/crop though. The arm looks to be at a weird angle, and I'm questioning why it needs to be in the image anyway...it doens't appear to be adding anything.

Love the dramatic angle. Excellent focus by the model and of course the photographer.

I like your light setup. The drama and originality is about 80% of the way there. For the main try using diffusion and a grid and barn doors to better control the light. Or try and gobo the softbox so that it is not throwing light all over the place.

Love & Bass
Thanks for the tips. I did bring barn doors, but opted to use grids in the lights to control direction. Perhaps I should have experimented with the barn doors. I'll keep that in mind next time. But I don't see where the light spill is really occuring. Perhaps I'm just not that attune to the nuances of lighting. Can you point out what you're seeing in this regard for me so I can better understand?

I've been thinking of picking up a grid for my softboxes. Perhaps I'll put some on order as I would like a little more control over the light they cast. In this instance I did need some light feathering as I used it to light the background (I only have 3 lights).

The lighting looks good, nice work.

I'm not a fan of the pose/crop though. The arm looks to be at a weird angle, and I'm questioning why it needs to be in the image anyway...it doens't appear to be adding anything.
Thanks Mike.

The arm shows the "attitude". I had her pose that way, and I took a low angle to show strong will, attitude, confidence. Without the arm, it would be a headshot of a girl looking over her shoulder. The arm suggests the pose of her body that's out of frame which in turn shows the attitude.

At least that's the reasoning behind the shot.

The arm shows the "attitude". I had her pose that way, and I took a low angle to show strong will, attitude, confidence. Without the arm, it would be a headshot of a girl looking over her shoulder. The arm suggests the pose of her body that's out of frame which in turn shows the attitude.

At least that's the reasoning behind the shot.
That's fair. I'll buy that.
But I still don't like the angle of the arm. I think I know the full body pose you have going there, shoulder forward and arm back...and it's not uncommon...but I just don't like how it looks...it's unnatural IMO.

Love & Bass
Thanks for the tips. I did bring barn doors, but opted to use grids in the lights to control direction. Perhaps I should have experimented with the barn doors. I'll keep that in mind next time. But I don't see where the light spill is really occuring. Perhaps I'm just not that attune to the nuances of lighting. Can you point out what you're seeing in this regard for me so I can better understand?

I've been thinking of picking up a grid for my softboxes. Perhaps I'll put some on order as I would like a little more control over the light they cast. In this instance I did need some light feathering as I used it to light the background (I only have 3 lights).

The softbox seems to be killing the effect of your other 2 lights. Grid on the sofbox is a great idea.

Love & Bass

Thanks Brian. Here's another shot.

693710019_ypV9h-XL.jpg

Most reactions

Back