Brick House in the Country

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's a road that semi-circles the town, about 2 miles north. It's one of those country roads that's barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass one another. It has some old homes and some new. This is one that's been there for all the years I can remember.

Nikon D810, Tamron SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD at 19mm, f/7.1, 1/100s, ISO 125, hand-held (from the seat of my car).
chandler-rd-qcy1504-23-x1080.jpg

The picture was processed in LR and I lost a lot of it with the manual lens corrections. I'll be happy when Adobe updates LR with a lens correction preset for this lens because I'm pretty sure I don't know what I'm doin'. This picture did turn out nice enough to me though. Your C&C welcome, of course.

Jim

My only complaint is the tree blocking a little of the house, but a part of me actually likes it. So I'm just personally confused at the moment HAHA

On a side note, how are you liking the 810???

I agree, came out well except for the tree.

To me, the tree was an important element of the composition. You can see it's a symmetrical house, so the left side and roof would have to be exactly like the right side. I thought the tree added dimension. But that's just me, of course.

@sscarmack, I really love this D810. I remember the thrill of getting and joy of using the Canon A1 back in 1981 (or so) - this is the same thing. Still getting used to the myriad settings and options.

Most reactions

Back