Bridal Portrait, C&C Please

Leo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken with my new Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L lens, need C&C please. If you want to take a shot of editing this picture to make it look better, please go ahead.

Lucy1.jpg

I like the water in the background - a nice change from the typical bridal shot and the flowers look wonderful and the shot is flattering. I think her face could do to be lighter around the eyes - it's too shadowy - and maybe sharpened up a little. Good angle - the boobosity levels would have been too way high if she were facing the camera.

It's a nice image but coule be further improved.

Firstly you have softened it a little too much. It's just a little over processed.

The high angle doesn't really work too great either for me as the background is too much in focus and a little distracting. A larger aperture and slightly lower angle to me would have been more attractive.

The shadows in the eyes and under the chin are also distracting. Use of a reflector would have made a big difference.

I'm being picky here as the image is nice but I'm just pointing out a few things that I'd try and look out for.

Regards
Jim

Thank you Stella and Jim for your comments and suggestions. Yeah I agree with the shadows in the eyes and the chin, I should have used my reflector. I'll try and get a better angle on my next session.

I fiddled with it.

LucyEdit.jpg

It's a nice image but coule be further improved.

Firstly you have softened it a little too much. It's just a little over processed.

The high angle doesn't really work too great either for me as the background is too much in focus and a little distracting. A larger aperture and slightly lower angle to me would have been more attractive.

The shadows in the eyes and under the chin are also distracting. Use of a reflector would have made a big difference.
This whole post was almost word for word what I was going to say.

I fiddled with it.

Stella
Your idea is right but with a low quality jpg such as this, sharpening an image that has been softened will never really look right. Also the eyes just don't look right again because of the low quality of the image.

Editing the original would provide better results.

Stella
Your idea is right but with a low quality jpg such as this, sharpening an image that has been softened will never really look right. Also the eyes just don't look right again because of the low quality of the image.

Editing the original would provide better results.
I understand. That's OK - I'm just learning to use PS and need the practice. I asked for him to email the original, but I got the same one - possibly by mistake, so I did what I could.

Most reactions

Back