Bridal Shower

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was asked to shoot a bridal shower, something I never expected to do! Friends of mine are getting married in 2 weeks and I definitely need the practice shooting people. It's a lot more difficult than you'd think, with changing light conditions and people moving about. Anyway, here's a couple quick edits for review. Any tips on crowd/group photography appreciated.

Millie's Bridal Shower 7-8-2011-13 by Trever1t, on Flickr

the girl on the right really knows how to shake her booty :D

Millie's Bridal Shower 7-8-2011-29 by Trever1t, on Flickr

GJ, glad you've been practicing Bill! :thumbup:

You need to be more consistent with your edit. The 2 shots have different skin tones.

Clone that woman out. Also I would clone her wrist and hand to make it smoother. It seem like she work out but those veins popping out really make her arm look like a guy arm. If you scroll down and just look at the arm, you would think it's a guy wearing a dress. now I don't know if she doesn't want to or not, I think it's better to show her arm smoother. That's just my opinion.

She is nicely exposed, but I am not lovin' the pose or background selection. Nothing like a punching bag to say "I'm ready to get married". I assume you are using a fill flash so I would increase your shutter speed to help with the washed out background (not that you want the neighbour's eave in your pic... just saying).

I'm still anxious for the answer, I'm guessing it's a no :(

The 'punching bag' is an upside down tomato plant...weird.

I guess with those arms I shouldn't have assumed, but without the tomatoes you see what I mean. Even being a tomato planter, it's not the nicest of background themes for the shot.

Yeah I agree 100%. She's a carpenter...anyway yeah, the background sucks but what can be done when your subject keeps moving all about? How much time does one spend editing events photos?

Most reactions

Back