Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
bridal1web.jpg

bridal2web.jpg

bridal3web.jpg

I really like the poses here! Were you using a fill flash or reflector at all? I think her face could use some additional light. Really good job though!

AlisonPower said:
I really like the poses here! Were you using a fill flash or reflector at all? I think her face could use some additional light. Really good job though!
That's all I can think of that's wrong with them. Wonderful poses, and she seems very relaxed with you. :thumbup: A bit of fill flash here would definitely have helped. :) You just want to lose those shadows under the eyes.

Thank you guys. Yeah, I was thinking her face was a little dark. Would a little light dodge layer help do you think?

Nice work here, as little experienced as I am in wedding portraits as I am, I am learning, some stuff, and I agree that the face could use a little more light. Otherwise good work!

elsaspet said:
Thank you guys. Yeah, I was thinking her face was a little dark. Would a little light dodge layer help do you think?

It's worth a shot! Give it a try and see how it goes. I've also used the lasso tool, set the feather to around 40 and used curves to lighten as well with pretty good results.

I agree with what's been said above...the only other nitpik I have is in the second one...my eyes go directly to the out of focus bouqet in the forground...I find it distracting, but that could just be me.

Image # 1. A flash unit behind the bench at camera right in a small softbox or umbrella set at the same exposure as her dress was and feathered toward the camera would have eliminated the deep shadows in her eyes and the highlight on her nose. Pose is OK.

Image # 2. Lighting it as I suggested in # 1 would have lifted this image from average to super. Also her right arm is missing. IMHO it should have been extended out so we could see it.

# 3. It appears to me that she hunched her right shoulder up, which is a common thing for people to do when being photographed. I watch for this and ask them to relax just before the exposure. Most people don't even know they are doing it. It is up to the photographer to catch this and correct it before making the exposure. Live and learn. IMHO this image should also have been lit as I suggested above.

All in all the posing isn't too bad, but the lighting needs some work. Remember what the word 'photograph' means!

Tally Ho

Thanks Tally. I never saw this incamera. Live and learn. Actually, I've had some step by steps given in photoshop where the image has been totally overhalled and the shadows all disappear. I work for myself now, and have decided to give myself a day off today, but can't wait to show everyone the cool tips I learned.......tomorrow. :)
Today is reserved for playing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back