Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yahoo!

So, a new bride is suing a New York video production company for around $122,000 in damages after the company charged $13,000 to do the wedding videography for her big day, and delivered what she called the worst wedding video ever.

Take a look a 3:28 segment of the video, as seen on Vimeo.[video=vimeo;56542431]http://vimeo.com/56542431[/video]

VERY interesting...man, if this is the worst ever wedding video...

Looked pretty awesome to me. Of course, I get the sense that the bride might be, shall we say...difficult to deal with in all aspects of life? Just an impression.

Wow, people just get such high expectations I guess...Personally I cannot believe that wasn't a movie, unbelievably well done. By far one of the best I've ever seen.

...crickets...

Hmmmm.

Wow, people just get such high expectations I guess...Personally I cannot believe that wasn't a movie, unbelievably well done. By far one of the best I've ever seen.
Well, according to Derrel it DID cost $13,000. For that kind of money I expect a celebrity cameo...and an expensive one...not Shia Labeouf.

can't believe!

I truly feel for the guy!

I'm wondering is there something, anything they could sue her over?!

I agree with some of the comments posted on Vimeo - she probably went way over her budget and is trying to figure out how to pay of the CC's they probably used to pay for all that. I think they did a very good job on the video (I watched the 15 minute one) except for what I consider to be some really bad music.

Looks like it's from a reality show, the people in the video look like they are acting. That lawsuit has to be a hoax.

She's paying $13,000 for about 4 minutes of video? Okay, now that would seem like a reasonable thing to sue for.

$13,000 for that? I'd be pissed, too. That's a lot of money for that short of a video.... they should still be documenting her marriage... buuuuttt - it is a great video, he did a great job; she seems to be a bit of a self-proclaimed princess. :\ Recipe for disaster.

I am not sure but I think this was only a segment of the video? I could be wrong. Either way it be hard to please a person who expects to be brought to a 5 star hotel on date number 1

I agree with some of the comments posted on Vimeo - she probably went way over her budget and is trying to figure out how to pay of the CC's they probably used to pay for all that. I think they did a very good job on the video (I watched the 15 minute one) except for what I consider to be some really bad music.

Sounds like it to me as well, over paid on the wedding and now trying to target at least one group to recoup the costs and possibly some more. That she's having a child might also have added to the "we need more money now" factor. They can sue, but I'd be surprised if they manage to win much more than the cost they paid for it if they won at all.

Of course this is said without seeing productions that the company has produced for others. So long as this video is in line with their previous and advertised (and contract agreed upon) content and quality then they should be fine in court (at least in an ideal world of course).

Well, according to Derrel it DID cost $13,000. For that kind of money I expect a celebrity cameo...and an expensive one...not Shia Labeouf.

Well thing is this was New York - so it probably cost the photographer 10 grand of that just for parking on the wedding day.

Most reactions

Back