Bride's Choice...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...certainly not my favorite from our two day session(s), but one she chose. I thought I'd go ahead and post it up here since it's the first one i've finished editing (so far):

IMG_9369editsmbordered.jpg

haven't posted here in ages! sorry I don't have more to offer in this post, I'll try to post up some more interesting shots later...

thanks for looking!

*edit*

here's another they chose...again, not one of my absolute faves but I thought I'd post it anyway:

IMG_90278x10glow-sm.jpg

I like it. I think the only thing that could make this shot better is for her other hand to be on the other rail. Other than that, it's a great shot. I love everything you post though :lol:

Bea It always surprises me what people will like...i think we look at from an artistic/technical standpoint and the couple sees something in about their personality or a memory etc...that make it a WOW for them!!
Beautiful shot!

thanks guys!

crazyava, I see what you're saying about the other arm. I did try that in other shots, but the other rail is farther away from her than it looks, and it spread out the composition quite a bit more than I wanted.

If it meets the criteria of the bride, you have been effective. There are lots of good qualities in this image. If it were mine, I would be tempted to trim a bit off of the bottom, shaving down the bannister, which is a distracting blob. It would have to be as minimal as possible because I would expect that bride wants to see some of the bottom decorations on her dress.

Rusty Tripod

If it meets the criteria of the bride, you have been effective. There are lots of good qualities in this image. If it were mine, I would be tempted to trim a bit off of the bottom, shaving down the bannister, which is a distracting blob. It would have to be as minimal as possible because I would expect that bride wants to see some of the bottom decorations on her dress.

Rusty Tripod

that's a good point, thanks. the original photo shows more of the dress and handrail on the left, which actually helps a bit with the 'blob' effect...they ordered an 11x14 so i cropped it a bit to fit that, which probably exaggerated the blob thing.

l like #1 just the way it is, very classic look IMO, thing i would pass on #2 too, so why are these not your first picks

The look good to me, but I also would like too your favorites.

Sweet! I love it. Great Job! Isn't it crazy though? They always choose the one you almost didn't include. :-0

Most reactions

Back