Brides Makeup/Flashes

rachlynn17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.woodphotostudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a wedding tomorrow, and the Bride just called me asking about makeup. She usually wears Bare Minerals, but a make-up artists just told her that it photographs horribly. I googled it, and only found a couple of discussions about it, (from models, not photographers) saying that through the camera, it looks grey and shiny.

-Has any one here had experience with Bare Minerals?

-The Bride wants to wear what she is comfortable with, what should I suggest?

I have. This summer the bridesmaids, bride, mother of the bride all wore bare escentuals (this is the name brand and I do not know anything about the off brands). It worked out just fine. As long as she knows how to apply it she will be fine. I also use this brand and have not noticed a difference in pictures of me either. If she doesn't know how to apply it the makeup will show up in the pictures but that is true of most makeup.

Ok, I can say that many of the brides I have photographed lately did their own make up with that bare minerals and the photos were great, one girl had pimples EVERYWHERE and I was like oh lord this should be fun to edit, but that makeup was like reflective or something because every flaw was invisible. I did not have to edit a single thing on her. I think it's great makeup when applied correctly.

I personally wear bare escentuals. It is an awesome makeup. And yes, I photographed a girls (who also wears bare escentuals) Senior portraits and the makeup was not an issue.

Most reactions

Back