Bridezilla!!!!

Tell a dumb redneck that they are dumb and you are going to get a dumb redneck response. You must speak slowly, clearly, and at all times you must speak professionally to these people regardless of your relationship.

Josh you must have been spending some time out in my neck of the woods lately haha. Have to tell me hubbie this line. Haha :lmao:

Despite the fact, seekcreative, that that's not very nice thing to do?

Primarily, it would affect her professionalism and business.

Ummm...obviously this is not something that I would actually do. Pardon me for using my dry sense of humor. Not everyone gets me.

You could always suggest that they buy a bunch of disposable cameras and pass them out to everyone in attendance. That way they could get all the shots they want or can afford and no Photog has to deal with her.
This generally will end up costing a heck of a lot more than the $150 that KAikens318 would have charged.
Also, it was terrible form to have worded that e-mail as KAikens318 did, not only degrading a client (former or current) and yourself! I have shot weddings/events/senior pictures for friends and family and you need to take a hint from the Godfather, "It's not personal it's just business.", they may not think so but you need to be professional at all times!!! If for no other reason than now your Bridezilla has written proof that you are not worthy of the title of Professional. Professionals get that title for a reason...they are professional at all times!
Going to the wedding in 'secret' would just further the unprofessionalism and damage your (KAikens318) reputation as a photographer even more.
Not dumping on you, just letting you know.

see my comment above...I think I would figure that out. Pardon me for trying to make light of the subject.

Man, really...I thought photographers had a sense of humor..

Despite the fact, seekcreative, that that's not very nice thing to do?

Primarily, it would affect her professionalism and business.

Ummm...obviously this is not something that I would actually do. Pardon me for using my dry sense of humor. Not everyone gets me.

I thought it was funny ;)

Thank you guys for all of your advice. She has calmed down a little in the last few days and even apologized for swearing and all of the things that she said. I also apologized to her if my letter seemed unprofessional. Still not doing the wedding but the mood swing seems to be over so hubby can still be in the wedding party.

Seek - I'm perfectly aware you were making a joke (at least, I hoped so).

But there are people on forums who can easily take jokes as the truth or advice.

From what I've read, everyone has already said it all, but I may have missed this in the fray...

To ensure that you're protecting your interests, make sure you keep some sort of log, or otherwise maintain a journal of your conversations with the Bride. I say to do this in an effort to protect yourself if she decides to say that you breached a contract with her.

I don't think she has a leg to stand on, as there are seven months before the wedding, and she has plenty of time to find a new photographer (Craigslist, hello!), but if she does not, there could be some backlash. Maybe it doesn't happen, and maybe it does, but just to be sure...keep a log!

Tell a dumb redneck that they are dumb and you are going to get a dumb redneck response. You must speak slowly, clearly, and at all times you must speak professionally to these people regardless of your relationship.

+1

Or as I like to say: Barney terms with a Mommy/Daddy voice.

You could always suggest that they buy a bunch of disposable cameras and pass them out to everyone in attendance. That way they could get all the shots they want or can afford and no Photog has to deal with her.

Even that would cost more than $150!

And it continues...

She sent me this on Facebook today:

If you want to, feel free to bring a camera and take some shots. And hey, if u can spare a few pics from that for us that would be nice.

Really??? Oy.

Then she says:

Oh and once my daughter is about to turn two I will be asking you to do her pics! I will save up the money of course and ask what you would charge.

I am doubting that...

:lmao: while you're at it, feel free to bring a wedding cake too... and you know, if you want you can always bring some floral arrangements, and dinner for 100... that would be nice.

:lmao: while you're at it, feel free to bring a wedding cake too... and you know, if you want you can always bring some floral arrangements, and dinner for 100... that would be nice.

Oh and if you could buy the rings too...that would be really nice too

:sexywink:

I can feel the love. You may want to wear a bullet proof vest for the next few weeks. Believe me, you're better off getting out of this situation. It reminds me of my early days in photography (several decades ago) when friends wanted me to shoot their events and would tell me, "And I'll even pay for the film." Now, how could I turn down such a magnanimous offer? Have Fun, Jeff

I can feel the love. You may want to wear a bullet proof vest for the next few weeks. Believe me, you're better off getting out of this situation. It reminds me of my early days in photography (several decades ago) when friends wanted me to shoot their events and would tell me, "And I'll even pay for the film." Now, how could I turn down such a magnanimous offer? Have Fun, Jeff

Sounds like one thing she said to me today:

"If you take pictures at the wedding, I will buy a blank CD that you can put them on for me"

Wow really? You will shell out the whole less than a buck for the CD that you probably already have at home? She doesn't seem to get copyright material and such. Lol.:lmao:

"when you're done shooting the wedding, can you just give us the camera you shot it with? that would be great"

Sounds like one thing she said to me today:

"If you take pictures at the wedding, I will buy a blank CD that you can put them on for me"

Wow really? You will shell out the whole less than a buck for the CD that you probably already have at home? She doesn't seem to get copyright material and such. Lol.:lmao:

The other really great thing about that is not all the pictures from a whole day of shooting would even fit on a CD! :lol: (Well, unless you were shooting at a really low resolution, Camera Phone maybe?) :confused:

Most reactions

Back