Bridezilla!!!!

Here you go for a little drama:

Here is my initial email that I wrote her and essentially what I said in the phone message too:

I don't think I will be shooting the wedding, for a few reasons. 1. There are a lot of photos to be taken from your list. It's going to be a long day. Long days and lots of photos equal many hours of post processing which can add up to quite a bit of money. 2. After adding all of your shots together, plus the time to do the wedding and the processing, plus a CD, it will end up over $400 and I understand that you guys don't have that in your budget, and that is okay (Trust me, I know all about money crap!). But doing something that requires that much work and then getting paid $100 for it including the prints, I will end up with $40. Not to sound greedy or anything but this is using hours of my day, not to mention creative fees and such, plus I need to buy equipment for this as well and equipment is not cheap. I can't sell myself short. I know that I haven't been to school or anything for this however I do believe that I have talent and while the home portrait shoot I did of Shauna didn't take that much time and effort, this will. Not to mention for all the shots you want I would have to bring on a second shooter and pay them as well. Sorry if this seems like it is greedy or whatever, but those are what I have come up with after calculating all these factors together.

Her response:

What the f*** b**ch? You told me that you were going to shoot my wedding and that it would be cheap. Over four hundred is not cheap by any means. Now I only have 7 months to find another photographer. You are leaving me in a f*cking ditch and I don't appreciate it. Don't expect us to be friends with you or Steve after this, he will be lucky if he even gets to be in the wedding. What is worth your time oh great one? Two shots? Would that be worth $100? I hope that you never find work again and if you do I feel sorry for those people. Get off your f**king pedestal, you aren't that great and your photos suck anyways. I am better off finding someone else and I am sure they will give me a fair price that is lower than yours. This is not your average wedding and I am not settling for crap so see you later. Thanks a lot b*tch.

Now keep in mind, this wedding is taking place in their hick town's town hall, not in a pretty church. No flowers, no decorations, nothing. The reception after is in their backyard in a trailer park (Not that there is anything wrong with trailer parks, it's actually quite nice) but the 'this is not your average wedding thing threw me into a fit of laughter.

Your letter to her is beyond horrible. It is so unprofessional that I actually laughed out loud. If you would have been tactful you could have avoided any resentment at all with your resignation.

It is people like you masquerading as photographers that make life harder than it should be for the rest of us.

It is people like you masquerading as photographers that make life harder than it should be for the rest of us.

Masquerading huh? Hmmm...I take the photos...I get paid for said photos....I have a Tax ID with my studio name on it....if I am not a photographer than what am I?

If you have seen some of the other correspondance between myself and my other clients such as the bride I am shooting for in October, you would realize how truly 'special' this case was and that I am never doing anything for friends ever again unless there is a full contract up front. This was the first time I had to deal with attitude like hers. Yes, some of the stuff in the letter was unprofessional, I will agree with that. However I am not masquerading as anything. I am done defending myself about that email, take it as you will. It's all over and done with now and I can get on to bigger and better things as a professional.

I read this whole thread today, and wow I was laughing the hardest I did all day.
First off, 100 dollars is insanely cheap in the first place, I asked my mom (got married in the 80's) and they paid their photographer over 500 dollars, and my parents were by no means wealthy.
Second I think its absolutely awesome that she ended up paying more money then she would of hired you for. Karma = ***** much.
But hey its all good, I foresee another wedding in her future..if SHES lucky.
Glad you dumped her early, and mega glad that your career has taken off since!

I read this whole thread today, and wow I was laughing the hardest I did all day.
First off, 100 dollars is insanely cheap in the first place, I asked my mom (got married in the 80's) and they paid their photographer over 500 dollars, and my parents were by no means wealthy.
Second I think its absolutely awesome that she ended up paying more money then she would of hired you for. Karma = ***** much.
But hey its all good, I foresee another wedding in her future..if SHES lucky.
Glad you dumped her early, and mega glad that your career has taken off since!

My husband said she posted something on Facebook tonight about how her photos came out amazing and the disposables were 'totally worth the money'. Ummm yeah...Lol :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back